Help my co - worker STINKS!!!
Mar 1, 2006 at 3:04 AM Post #31 of 67
This thread is hilarious...
orphsmile.gif

Get a gas-mask or a respirator.

Mar 1, 2006 at 3:38 AM Post #32 of 67
Use a flamethrower on his 'pits, if he doesn't get the hint then use it on him. He will get the message quickly.

Are flamethrowers still legal or were they banned by the Geneva convention?
rs1smile.gif

Mar 1, 2006 at 3:47 AM Post #34 of 67
Bring a (new, unopened) can of deodorant and put it on his desk while he's away. Simple way to give the hint, without a direct confrontation. Maybe he'll even use it.
tongue.gif

Mar 1, 2006 at 3:49 AM Post #35 of 67
I know a guy, we can have him taken care of before sunrise. It's 5k up front and another 3 after the job's done. LMK

Mar 1, 2006 at 3:49 AM Post #36 of 67
Funny thread. In my advanced calculus class there is girl that sits in front of me, that happens to be pretty damn hot, but she smells. She's nice, and smart, and hot, but she smells. It's really weird.

Mar 1, 2006 at 3:53 AM Post #37 of 67
Quote:

Originally Posted by trains are bad
Funny thread. In my advanced calculus class there is girl that sits in front of me, that happens to be pretty damn hot, but she smells. She's nice, and smart, and hot, but she smells. It's really weird.

Thats terrible...
Almost makes me want to cry.

Mar 1, 2006 at 3:59 AM Post #38 of 67
Quote:

Originally Posted by HypnoLobster
Thats terrible...
Almost makes me want to cry.

Indeed, I'm friends with her friend, and she has indicated that she would like to study together, and is always friendly to me, and I'm single, but I draw the line a personal hygiene, you know? Seems as good a place as any.

Mar 1, 2006 at 4:01 AM Post #39 of 67
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kirosia
I know a guy, we can have him taken care of before sunrise. It's 5k up front and another 3 after the job's done. LMK

hahahahaha

Mar 1, 2006 at 4:11 AM Post #40 of 67
interesting timing. a guy in the office had Mono and got sent home - someone on our floor went and bought Lysol and sprayed his office until the can was DRY. apparently she's a germaphobe. i wonder what the guy will think when he comes back next week and his office smells like Ocean Breeze on crack.

Mar 1, 2006 at 4:20 AM Post #42 of 67
we had a similar problem in my lab recently, new student came to our group from china, never brushed his teeth, no deoderant, no showers, you get the point, he just flat out stank.

we just told him after a few weeks when we had gotten to know him a bit that since he was in the US, he should "americanize" himself a bit with regards to his hygene, he asked what he should do, so we went with him to the store and showed him what he needed, he was a good sport about it, and no longer smells

but go the direct route, tell him or your HR department that he stinks, and its effecting your work, maybe ask a few nearby coworkers if they have similar complaints so they can voice their opinions as well

Mar 1, 2006 at 4:24 AM Post #43 of 67
Depends on how you feel about the HR department. Seems like that’s what they’re there for.

You have a problem- your cube neighbor stinks. How they handle it is irrelevant to you as long as the problem is resolved? It lets being diplomatic or whatever someone else’s responsibility. They can talk to the worker directly or discuss it with their supervisor. Plus other people may have complained and HR can’t do anything if they don’t know of the problem.

Or get one of those automatic air fresheners and stick it to the underside of his desk somewhere? Yeah buy some bulk stick ups and plaster them all over his cube. If they don’t kill the smell the public embarrassment might?

I miss the old days in the Navy where you actively tried to drive each other insane. This politically correct environment bites.

Mitch

Mar 1, 2006 at 12:20 PM Post #44 of 67
It's HR's job or your bosses job to handle these things. That's why bosses get paid the big bucks.
smily_headphones1.gif

But if you want a quicker solution, leave soap and deo at his desk until he gets the hint. I'd like to see him go complain to the boss about that one.
biggrin.gif

Mar 1, 2006 at 1:26 PM Post #45 of 67
Quote:

Originally Posted by trains are bad

If you could figure out WHY she smells, this could be a good opportunity for you. If she's hot and nice (but smelly), the other guys are probably passing on her. If her smellage could be corrected, you could be just the guy to help her do it! And then you'd have a nice, smart, hot, sweet smelling GF
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back