help me upgrade from my MEElectronics CC51
Apr 1, 2013 at 5:07 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

monkeyboy73

New Head-Fier
I have been lurking for some time and the |joker| guide helped me pick my first IEMs - the CC51.  It's time for an upgrade.

Music: I listen to lots of genres, so an all-round set of IEMs should work for me.  some examples are - 80's pop, 90's alt rock and pop (BNL, NIN), classic rock (YES, Genesis....), Big Band Jazz, Jazz-rock (Tower of Power, old Chicago), and ... some of today's pop and dubstep (because it's fun).

Current rig:  The CC51 were a great step up from the stock iphone earbuds, but I'm not crazy about the build quality (first pair came apart under warranty and second pair has wire stiffening around the ears and loose wire at the remote).  I got plenty of isolation from the double flange tips (I work in an open office environment, so isolation is a must.)  I liked the sound signature of the CC51, which I believe puts me more toward the "natural" or "v-shaped" realm and away from "analytical."

Player: iphone4 and internet stations

I was eying the Shure SE215, but also the Yamaha EPH-100, then the Vsonic GR 06 / 07, JVC HA-FXD80, Monster Tubine Pro Gold.  Basically I'm looking in the $100-$150 range.  Then I got reading about a bunch of other brands/models and I vapor locked and thought I would ask for help.

So - HELP!

[I'm also ebay shy, so I'll be buying from a named source.]

Thank you, in advance, for your help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back