Help me to buy a brand new Grado RS1 !!
Jan 9, 2009 at 7:46 PM Post #18 of 26
Generally, you can trust the hotel. I've had documents and other business material shipped and held by a concierge dozens of times. It is a common practice and done by many. Further, you can request that your package be placed in the hotel's vault until you arrive.

Another option is contacting the local (to DC) UPS Store, FexEx/Kinko's, or othe private mailbox center to see if they will hold a package for you. Most of them will, though you may have to rent a mailbox for a month (they're inexpensive) for them to do this.

Also consider the amount of people who will be in DC along with you and the mass of traffic and road closures. I don't know if you've been in heavy US traffic, but it may not be possible for you to physically get to a dealer. In Los Angeles, it can take three hours to go 20 miles under bad conditions. DC with closed roads and a few million extra people will be equally bad or worse. It is also possible any local dealer will close, knowing that there will be little business those days and that it would be nearly impossible for customers to get to the store.

Just call your hotel and ask if they will hold a package until you arrive.

Jan 9, 2009 at 8:39 PM Post #19 of 26
I'm not sure if you'll have much luck getting a pair in DC. I live in near the metro area and was looking for a pair of RS2s during the summer. Every Grado dealer I called around me did not actually have them in stock to try out and buy, only as a special order. Most dealers only have up to the SR225s.

Jan 9, 2009 at 8:56 PM Post #20 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncle Erik /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Also consider the amount of people who will be in DC along with you and the mass of traffic and road closures. I don't know if you've been in heavy US traffic, but it may not be possible for you to physically get to a dealer. In Los Angeles, it can take three hours to go 20 miles under bad conditions. DC with closed roads and a few million extra people will be equally bad or worse. It is also possible any local dealer will close, knowing that there will be little business those days and that it would be nearly impossible for customers to get to the store.

X2...

Traffic is gonna be insane down in DC for the inauguration. i know alot of people that are trying to go down there from my area. all the hotels are booked already and its gonna be a traffic nightmare. i was suppose to go myself with this girl but i desided not to. good luck getting around there next week my man let alone finding a grado dealer.

Jan 10, 2009 at 12:38 PM Post #22 of 26
Quote:

Generally, you can trust the hotel. I've had documents and other business material shipped and held by a concierge dozens of times. It is a common practice and done by many. Further, you can request that your package be placed in the hotel's vault until you arrive.

Another option is contacting the local (to DC) UPS Store, FexEx/Kinko's, or othe private mailbox center to see if they will hold a package for you. Most of them will, though you may have to rent a mailbox for a month (they're inexpensive) for them to do this.

Just call your hotel and ask if they will hold a package until you arrive.

OK i try this mode.....Where is the Head-Fi sponsor where i buy ...?

Jan 10, 2009 at 12:49 PM Post #23 of 26
Quote:

Another option might be to have them shipped to a Head-Fi'er in DC, then meet up while you're there.

I'm sure a head-fier would be glad to help. Contributing to burn-in process would be a pleasure, too.

Jan 10, 2009 at 1:17 PM Post #24 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by Shoewreck /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm sure a head-fier would be glad to help. Contributing to burn-in process would be a pleasure, too.

Спасибо брат !!
darthsmile.gif

Jan 10, 2009 at 1:27 PM Post #25 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by incursore61 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Спасибо брат !!
darthsmile.gif

Erm... I hope you hadn't taken my post too seriously. Nobody should unseal the box without your explicit permission and I believe nobody would.
[size=xx-small]IMHO, "спасибо, товарищ" would have been more appropriate.[/size]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back