Help me to buy a brand new Grado RS1 !!
Jan 8, 2009 at 10:28 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 26

incursore61

100+ Head-Fier
Hello to all. I ask for your kind help would be in Washington DC this month
and I would like to take advantage of my trip to buy a Grado Rs1. I mentioned a good shop?
Thank you

Jan 8, 2009 at 10:59 PM Post #2 of 26
If I were you I would consider ordering a pair from one of Head-Fi's sponsors, a few days prior to your arrival, and have them ship them to the hotel or house you will be staying at. You could also consider buying one here in the for sale forum and having the seller ship it to the address you will be at in Washington.

Are you coming for the Inauguration?

Jan 8, 2009 at 11:29 PM Post #5 of 26
There are very few stores that stock Grados, maybe four or five in the United States. Maybe fewer. I haven't heard of one in DC.

If you are staying at a hotel, its concierge would be happy to receive a package for you. You can even have them receive the package in advance of your trip; they will be happy to help you. If you are staying with friends or family, have it shipped to them before you arrive.

Another option might be to have them shipped to a Head-Fi'er in DC, then meet up while you're there.

Jan 9, 2009 at 7:55 AM Post #6 of 26
Thanks to everyone for advice, but continued to seek the dealer Degree in Washington DC to book now to Rs1 Level when you get there.

sorry for my english....
redface.gif

Jan 9, 2009 at 8:25 AM Post #7 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by incursore61 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks to everyone for advice, but continued to seek the dealer Degree in Washington DC to book now to Rs1 Level when you get there.

sorry for my english....
redface.gif

I honestly did not understand this post.

But I must say to watch out if you want them shipped to a hotel. To me at least, that option just seems way more insecure; so many things can go wrong with that (i.e. timing, "missing package," etc.).

Jan 9, 2009 at 9:55 AM Post #8 of 26
In fact, I do not trust the shipment to the hotel, I prefer to have my hands in the first headset to pay, of course, if you knew the name of a dealer in Washington to warn of my first purchase

Jan 9, 2009 at 10:26 AM Post #9 of 26
I wrote two e-mail to GradoLabs but I have not yet responded, perhaps because you do not want to sell their products outside the U.S.?

I wonder why it is so difficult to know the name of a dealer Grado in washington DC ...

Jan 9, 2009 at 10:36 AM Post #10 of 26
Quote:

I wrote two e-mail to GradoLabs but I have not yet responded, perhaps because you do not want to sell their products outside the U.S.?

I wonder why it is so difficult to know the name of a dealer Grado in washington DC ...

Yeah, Grado is extremely tight with who their sellers are, and Grados by default cannot leave the US of A.
ph34r.gif

Jan 9, 2009 at 11:50 AM Post #12 of 26
Quote:

OK, but an American citizen resident in Washington where it can find a dealer?

some of you may kindly ask at Grado labs: where is a dealer in washington?

Thank you
Please help me....

(write to: info@gradolabs.com)

I had the same "problem" some months ago: I live in Spain and went on a trip to Seattle. I sent an email to Grado asking for the dealers in the Seattle area and they answered me in 2-3 days. There were more than 5 dealers only in the Seattle city.

Another thing: I have heard rumours of Grado changing the manufacturing process (again) of the RS-1s. If you buy them in a shop, check that they have leather headband, the metal rods have square section (not cilindrical) and the cable is the same as before.

Good luck!

Jan 9, 2009 at 12:05 PM Post #13 of 26
seems like kensington near silver spring, Maryland, is the closest.
This and a few other possibilities explained here
Seriously chaotic site, but they are located in Washington DC, and I think they carry grado, would write and ask though: HOME
here's a dealer list, says nothing about Washington DC though, and probably not quite up to date.
That's about all I managed to get from google search.

Jan 9, 2009 at 12:10 PM Post #15 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by limpidglitch /img/forum/go_quote.gif
seems like kensington near silver spring, Maryland, is the closest.
This and a few other possibilities explained here
Seriously chaotic site, but they are located in Washington DC, and I think they carry grado, would write and ask though: HOME
here's a dealer list, says nothing about Washington DC though, and probably not quite up to date.
That's about all I managed to get from google search.

Thank you are very kind, I did not manage to find anything ....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back