Help me spend $10k (or more) on a kickass rig
Aug 4, 2020 at 11:56 AM Post #91 of 94
I have other DACs which I also enjoy either for the sound or features. You can never have too many. But, given you are playing SACD and the Oppo does not do a DSD bitstream for SACD you have no option aside from buying an additional rig. If I understand what you have written until now...

Yep, you got it.

Aug 4, 2020 at 1:20 PM Post #92 of 94
There are transports that do SACD out but I think the cheap ones are 5 thousand dollars.

So maybe the ultimate 10K system for you is a high-end SACD player with SACD out and a high end DAC and you're done :D

Last edited:
Aug 4, 2020 at 10:04 PM Post #93 of 94
There are transports that do SACD out but I think the cheap ones are 5 thousand dollars.

So maybe the ultimate 10K system for you is a high-end SACD player with SACD out and a high end DAC and you're done :D

LOL, well not quite, as SACD is only about 75% of my high-res disc library. The rest is pure audio blu-ray and DVD-Audio. For those I need a universal player....hence the Oppo.

So the Oppo will remain my front end, and the $10k is just for amps and headphones. So far I've bought this:

HD800S - 1700
ZMF Auteur - 1600 (not received yet)
GSX Mini - 1800
A&S Mogwai SE - 3500
Bottlehead Crackatwoa OTL kit - 950
Kimber PBJ interconnects - 350

So I'm up to 9,900. That should be enough toys for the time being, though I see a ZMF Verite in my future, depending on how I like the Auteurs. I'm going to have fun with the tubes for a while.

Aug 5, 2020 at 12:49 AM Post #94 of 94
Nice setup.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back