Help me solve my audio wishes...
Nov 6, 2012 at 2:01 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

WildStyle-R11

500+ Head-Fier
Hi there!

Right so recently I bought a new PC...Now I'm buying accessories for my PC, on the list I got now is Headset for gaming and an audio manipulator or something along those lines..

I got 2.0 Bookshelf speakers "Microlab SOLO7C" What I'm looking to do is hook it up to some sort of USB audio interface like a DAC Looking at "ASUS essence one", I believe perfect for my speakers, but then again I'm looking up some razer gaming 7.1 headsets which are also USB devices, well that sets me back to the DAC I chose ^^ Wouldn't mind headset amp so what should I do, or what should I look at?

Nov 6, 2012 at 5:10 PM Post #2 of 7
NFB-12.1, $250.

Nov 6, 2012 at 8:54 PM Post #3 of 7
Slight deeper problem than, that..."Asus Xonar Essence One" has a headset amp, the problem is finding a 7.1, 3.5mm headset ^^ and after that now that I think of it The bloody mic!!

So Problem as follows...
Get "Essence ONE" plug in the speakers all good...Problem ,Yup Headset most likely USB if not has a 3.5mm audio jack + Mic jack -.-
Get a headset that uses USB...Spend even more on Essence ONE to have the speakers on something better? -.-
This gives me headache...

Nov 7, 2012 at 11:11 AM Post #4 of 7
Bump. ^^

So after thinking about this, I just simply gotta ask...What and how can I plug something together here ^^

I got "Microlab SOLO7C" AND I need to get a Headset for gaming which should come with a mic AND I want to plug it all together to a single audio device going into my PC...How do I do all that? ^^

Also is there any audio devices that could work when the PC is off? like going to sleep leaving some music on while the PC is off maybe from a USB stick or something, but when PC is on it serves as sound card, amp, dac, headset amp, whatever? ^^

Nov 7, 2012 at 11:33 AM Post #5 of 7
In regards to a "7.1" headset... Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I think these are just headsets that have their own little mixamps somewhere along the line that make them able to postition 7.1 sound. I believe the Xonar Essence One(along with many sound cards) will be able to do that on it's own, with ANY stereo headset.

As for devices that will work when the PC is off... well, there are personal media players.

How you plug it in depends on the device you choose to get...should be fairly straight forward. If you want a device that you can plug both speakers and headphones in at the same time, just assure that it has the required outputs. Some devices can play both outputs at the same time, others can't.

Nov 7, 2012 at 12:38 PM Post #6 of 7
Quote:
In regards to a "7.1" headset... Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I think these are just headsets that have their own little mixamps somewhere along the line that make them able to postition 7.1 sound. I believe the Xonar Essence One(along with many sound cards) will be able to do that on it's own, with ANY stereo headset.

As for devices that will work when the PC is off... well, there are personal media players.

How you plug it in depends on the device you choose to get...should be fairly straight forward. If you want a device that you can plug both speakers and headphones in at the same time, just assure that it has the required outputs. Some devices can play both outputs at the same time, others can't.

Well yeah media players like pioneer? Sony?

Well yes finding the device is giving me a headache...Also more or less because of the headset I am looking at...

So I am looking at "Razer Tiamat 7.1" Which is real 7.1 headset and it has all the jacks for drivers aswell and addition to that it draws power from USB port...Now this part is what I don't understand...Can it actuly be put to a external device?

Well I bet it can, but is there any media player that can be used as a external sound card, dac, etc...

I was actuly interested in some media players, but...Don't know nothing about them... ^^ Pioneer sounds good to me...

The thing is if they can be used as sound cards for PC, can I find one with L and R for speakers, 7.1 for Headset Center, rear, base, etc. you know what I'm talking about...I would prefer it to have USB port if that's possible, well CD's and all that maybe even vinyl not sure trough why... ^^

Nov 8, 2012 at 11:08 PM Post #7 of 7
Alright I think I figured it out...finally ^^

Getting "ASUS Xonar Essence ONE" Plugging my Microlabs in it, Getting 2.0 Headset (Razer Blackshark) F@$k 7.1...Not going to be using that mic on it trough...Not sure if The thing will like the 3.5mm combo jack, but whatever, it comes with a splitter...I hope THAT won't cause any problems... ^^

Users who are viewing this thread

Back