help me pick a cd player
Jan 16, 2003 at 8:25 PM Post #16 of 30
JMT

is something amiss at Yawa? i cant get their page to come up. did you have any other contact info for them?

any thoughts from anyone or links to threads on a comparison btwn the music hall 25 vs the NAD 541i would be appreciated

Jan 16, 2003 at 8:40 PM Post #18 of 30
hey rich

hmmm, well, even via a google search, i cant get the yawa site to come up...ill have to try it from home tonight

thanks for the input

Jan 16, 2003 at 9:51 PM Post #19 of 30
yeah, someone order that package deal from responseaudio and we'll compare which one is better, I am REALLY interested in knowing how the music hall matches up. and I think for 559.00 or 569.00 including a set of interconnects and power cable is a pretty good deal! I am still in the process of deciding whether or not I love this player, the only fault I find in it so far is that the highs are a little rough edged, not as bad as the sony ns500v, but still a LITTLE rough for my taste, more later.

Jan 17, 2003 at 4:18 AM Post #20 of 30
I got a Music Hall MMF CD25 in June '02 from HCM audio(they advertise on Audiogon) with a similar package;
1 cdp, 1 set of Audioquest Diamondback ic's, 1 Aurex cd stabilizer,
3 Audioquest sorbogel big feet.

My thoughts after 6 months of burning in:
Great wide soundstage, good detail, tight, fast bass,. Overall a very smooth, detailed sound.
My only complaint is that male vocals sound a bit thin ,but that could be because of my serious toe in and sub par speakers( PSB ALPHAS). It weighs 13lbs, a heck of a lot more than my Arcam A65 plus amp. It feels very sturdy and the brushed aluminum face looks great. To give it a fair review I need to upgrade the speakers to match my system. It decode HDCD's, has Burr Brown amps, Philips transport, coax and toslink outs and an IEC pc. Too bad no big magazines have reviewed it so word can spread. Congrats on the NAD and enjoy!

PS the one man who can do a direct shootout still hasnt delivered the reviews. So whats up dude?

Jan 23, 2003 at 7:51 AM Post #21 of 30
Quote:

Originally posted by fyrfytrhoges
yeah, someone order that package deal from responseaudio and we'll compare which one is better, I am REALLY interested in knowing how the music hall matches up. and I think for 559.00 or 569.00 including a set of interconnects and power cable is a pretty good deal! I am still in the process of deciding whether or not I love this player, the only fault I find in it so far is that the highs are a little rough edged, not as bad as the sony ns500v, but still a LITTLE rough for my taste, more later.

So fyrfytrhoges - how does the NAD sound after burn in? Are you happy with it?

Jan 24, 2003 at 5:11 AM Post #22 of 30
richjpr, I have to say that this player far exceeds any one that I've ever had. the detail is incredible. but so far I just can't get over the fact that the highs are just a tad grainy. I'm not much for audiophile lingo but as far as I can tell I like a warmer sound. I have yet to upgrade my tubes in my mg head to the expensive point and I'm really not sure which ones to get, it seems the really good ones are either way too expensive or they are really hard to find, and to be honest I don't know if it will help or not with that grainy sound I hear.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not ready to give this one a heave into the garbage but I think I need some more time to make my final decision between LOVE or LIKE.......

I wish I could audition that music hall for myself, that would make things so much easier!

Jan 24, 2003 at 5:50 AM Post #23 of 30
I am going through the same debate right now about those two players. I just auditioned the NAD tonite and liked it a lot, but don't know where I can audition the MH locally either. I am also a little worried about what kind of support I would get from it too.

Decisions, decisions!

Rich

Jan 24, 2003 at 7:42 PM Post #24 of 30
do you mean support as far as repair type stuff? if you got it from responseaudio (the music hall) I'm sure they would be able to take care of repair and servicing issues, but then again I haven't had too much experience with that sort of thing, I find if you have quality equipment and you take care of it, it will usually outlive you!!!

Jan 24, 2003 at 9:42 PM Post #26 of 30
yeah, but with 1000$ you could get this:

cdt100.jpg

very_evil_smiley.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif

Jan 26, 2003 at 6:19 PM Post #30 of 30
That cd player is made by the same company that makes the Music Hall mmf cd25. Music Hall is the US distributor and they are based in NY. Their website is www.musichallaudio.com. If response is an authorized dealer they should have some kind of service agreement with Music Hall. Contact Roy Hall at the website and ask him. I am very pleased with my cd player and know that HCM audio where I got it from is an authorized dealer, that is offering a pretty good deal. I dont work for them, I just think that for the money they offer a good value.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back