Help me out; Top Tier IEM :)
Sep 4, 2010 at 9:10 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

Young Spade

Headphoneus Supremus
Hopefully when I sell my stuff I'll have enough for a top tier IEM. Which would you pick and why? I already know the signatures and details about the three but I want to know what you guy's preferences are. Right now I'm leaning toward the Sm3 as it seems to be the best overall but I know a lot of people like the SE535s. 

Your opinions? 

Sep 5, 2010 at 2:18 AM Post #2 of 13
You already know the signatures and details about the three and you are starting a poll?

I know how it feels. Even I know A suits me better I can't help but to look into B at the same time...

Sep 5, 2010 at 3:45 AM Post #3 of 13
Yeah it sounds like you already have a fairly solid idea of what you want.
You don't need to come to us to justify your purchases. Just follow your head and your wallet :D

Sep 5, 2010 at 3:46 AM Post #4 of 13
Nothing beats actually using them.  Even with a slew of reviews, you really on a get a partial picture of what's actually there.  Until you put it in your own ears, you just don't know.

I would say the safest bet is the Shure SE535.  It will most likely be the most balanced and natural sounding option.  I don't know what your preferences are or what you're looking for (you haven't told us).  I could of course suggest a bunch of other options out there too, including a bunch of cheaper ones.

In the end, the right option is the one that best fits your personal tastes.  That's all.

Sep 5, 2010 at 3:54 AM Post #5 of 13
I have been quite satisfied with my Shure SE530s, therefore I also agree that you can't go wrong with the 535, especially durability of the new cables and the fact their now detachable.  Enjoy ..

Sep 5, 2010 at 4:44 PM Post #7 of 13

Quote:
You already know the signatures and details about the three and you are starting a poll?

I know how it feels. Even I know A suits me better I can't help but to look into B at the same time...

Quote:
Yeah it sounds like you already have a fairly solid idea of what you want.
You don't need to come to us to justify your purchases. Just follow your head and your wallet :D

Yea I just want to see what you guys think. What things you like over the other, ya know?

Sep 5, 2010 at 9:04 PM Post #8 of 13
I own both the SE535 and Westone 3 and have heard the SM3...no doubt with my ears the SE535s rule the roost.
ksc75smile.gif

Sep 5, 2010 at 9:19 PM Post #10 of 13

Quote:
These three interset me as well- can you explain why you prefer the SE535 over the SM3?

Both are great, but to my ears, the SE535s were more balanced/neutral than the SM3s. I consider the Westone 3s a fun IEM (very muck like I consider the Denon D7000s a fun full sized headphone). So as the SE535s are balanced, I would but the SM3s half way in between the SE535s and Westone 3s (slightly less balanced as the SE535s and not as coloured/fun as the Westone 3s).

Sound stage wise they are all about equal to my ears.

Sep 5, 2010 at 9:41 PM Post #11 of 13
I know nothing about any of these, but from my own perspective, i just sold my entire orth orig b/c i was enticed by the JH3A thats about to come out.

Ive never even heard JH IEMs but from the amazing praise they get, and the fact that people at canjam were totally drooling over the JH3A compared the the JH16/13's which many people consider the holy grail already.. that was enough for me to take the gamble

so that said.. I am gonna try the JH3A as a possibility for Top of the top tier.  so thats the recommendation i'd make.. but not based on personal experience..

Sep 5, 2010 at 9:43 PM Post #12 of 13

Quote:
I know nothing about any of these, but from my own perspective, i just sold my entire orth orig b/c i was enticed by the JH3A thats about to come out.

Ive never even heard JH IEMs but from the amazing praise they get, and the fact that people at canjam are totally drooling over the JH3A compared the the JH16/13's which many people consider the holy grail already.. that was enough for me to take the gamble

so that said.. I am gonna try the JH3A as a possibility for Top of the top tier.  so thats the recommendation i'd make.. but not based on personal experience..

No doubt JH IEMs are the top of the heap, but I think this discussion was about universal IEMs...not customs.
smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back