Help me name my new amp. [Balanced Peter McAlister Design]
Oct 20, 2006 at 7:13 PM Post #31 of 48
You could name them after the X-Planes and call the first one the X-1. Gives it a a feeling of cutting edge technology (like the planes) to it.

Michael

Oct 20, 2006 at 8:25 PM Post #32 of 48
McAlister Audio Thundercougarfalconbird

Sales Person: "Nothing makes you feel more like a man than a Thundercougarfalconbird. So how much were you thinking of spending on this Thundercougarfalconbird?"
Fry: "Sorry, I'm not here to buy."
Sales Person: "I understand and it's wonderful that you don't care whether anyone questions your sexual orientation."
Fry: "I care! I care plenty! I just don't know how to make them stop!"
Sales Person: "One word: Thundercougarfalconbird."

Oct 20, 2006 at 8:34 PM Post #33 of 48
hehe... that is too much.
biggrin.gif

To the rest - Some more nice ideas there, keep 'em coming.

Oct 20, 2006 at 9:53 PM Post #34 of 48
You could always call it McAlister Audio Busted My Wallet. BMW for short. Hehe. How's that for a Head-Fi theme.

-Renato

Oct 20, 2006 at 11:14 PM Post #35 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by philodox
Expanding on what coolshot said, if you can think of any 'full names' that you think are cool, let me know.
My good friend Steve will likely be making a nice bloodwood front panel for it, unless I REALLY like what Peter does. [Steve does not know this yet, though I am sure he expects it]
- Also thinking about acquiring Steves services for a nice wooden transformer cover to fit over the metal one that Peter uses.

It would be my priveledge buddy!

Also have you thought about the obvious?

McAlister Audio Philodox Edition

I don't think it's too narcissistic, if that's why you hadn't mentioned it.

Oops I just read back a few posts. As Rosanne Rosanna Danna used to say "Nevermind".

I really like the full moon reference!

Oct 21, 2006 at 2:32 AM Post #36 of 48
You guys are just too short sighted - the obvious answer (along those lines) is:

McAlister Audio PE-1, as there will, no doubt, inevitably, be a PE-2, PE-3, etc...

It is a fine time to be part of Club McAlister...

Oct 21, 2006 at 11:03 AM Post #37 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by pabbi1
You guys are just too short sighted - the obvious answer (along those lines) is:

McAlister Audio PE-1, as there will, no doubt, inevitably, be a PE-2, PE-3, etc...

It is a fine time to be part of Club McAlister...

And what does PE stand for?
cool.gif

Edit: Philoxox Edition ofc, sorry my bad.
wink.gif

Oct 21, 2006 at 1:48 PM Post #38 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by Alucard
And what does PE stand for?
cool.gif

Edit: Philoxox Edition ofc, sorry my bad.
wink.gif

Oooh bad flashbacks of PE (Physical Education) class. I was the scrawny whimp that couldn't throw a dodgeball.

Oct 21, 2006 at 2:02 PM Post #39 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by philodox

BFA A-340 is too many A's for me. Maybe just BFA340 or BFA-340.
340smile.gif

Awww...I was gonna suggest that one! Hey Jay, I want to try your amp w/ my GS's! Also, Peter B. has a new homemade tube amp that's supposed to rock. Maybe we should do a 4some listening session with Renato sometime soon!

I'll bring the Triple.fis! (I have to bring at least one portable audio piece of equipment)
wink.gif

Oct 21, 2006 at 2:08 PM Post #40 of 48
I'll give you a full package here: go with a down to earth name like 'McAlister's BalanceBeam' with a balancing gymnast's silhouette (a little girl of course) for logo.

There goes my maiden post
biggrin.gif

Oct 21, 2006 at 2:21 PM Post #41 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by SONGsanmanwah
I'll give you a full package here: go with a down to earth name like 'McAlister's BalanceBeam' with a balancing gymnist's silhouette (a little girl of course) for logo.

There goes my maiden post
biggrin.gif

Objection!!!!

OK it's actually a kind of cute idea, but who do you think he's gonna ask to make that silhouette in the Bloodwood faceplate (he wonders already pulling his hair out)?

Oh and welcome to Head-Fi SONGsanmanwah, sorry about your wallet!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back