Help me make a final decision (sub-$100 IEM with Iphone controls)
Oct 9, 2011 at 11:06 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

geohoundw

New Head-Fier
I recently sold off my Maximo IM-490s and am looking for a good set of IEMs for my Iphone 3GS.

my extensive listening experiences only go as far as my AD-700s and the IM-490s, I prefer the signature of the AD-700s, to me they might as well be perfect despite the lack of isolation that I sometimes wish I had. Alas, this is about portables and I want to take a confident step up from the 490s which were generally lacking in clarity I felt.

Here is my list that I filtered out from Joker's extensive multi-IEM review thread (V stands for value)

- Etymotic mc3 ~$80 V=9
- Nuforce 700m @ ~$75 V=8.5
- Thinksound TS02+mic ~ $90 V=8
- Xears Communicate CP100iP ~$35 v=8
- Apple dual driver IEM ~ $60 V=8
- Klipsch S4i ~ $75 V=7

My only issue with the proposed values of these phones are that they are the oppinion of one person, I have no reason not to trust Joker but I wanted to give you guys a chance to reorder these by value and certainly add in options that I have missed before I pull the trigger. I think $100 is as much as I can spend before I feel like I invested too much in portable sound for my Iphone...it is just an Iphone, not looking for an amp.

Appreciate your posts, will be checking on this throughout the day and responding as needed, thank you!

Oct 9, 2011 at 12:11 PM Post #3 of 4
Well if you are considering ADDIEM and Etys, you should probably take the Klipsch off your list; they are unforgiveable bass monsters.

The Maximos were certainly bass monsters as well, and I understand the AD-700s to be quite anemic, if a pair is somewhere in-between that would not rule them out of the equation for me

Users who are viewing this thread

Back