Help me make a choice! Ultimate Ears Triplefi 10 vs. Monster Pro Copper
Mar 18, 2011 at 1:50 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

mirwolf

New Head-Fier
Hi everyone! So ive been spending quite sometime reading through the forum trying to decide on a new pair of IEM's. Im looking to spend $200 give or take and after reading multitude of reviews, im still at a complete loss. My previous set of IEM were Shure e3c that recently broke. I liked the Shures but it seemed to lack in the bass department. While im not looking for something that is going to rattle my brains, i do want something that has a good soundstage and decent bass. I have gift certificates for Amazon so something from there would be ideal. I've sort of decided on the UE 10 or MTBC, but im lost on which one is better. Triple armatrue vs dynamic, reviews of hard fitment vs heavy, etc. Any input from those who have tried both would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Mar 18, 2011 at 1:58 AM Post #2 of 5
I would look at the Westone 3 before I would look at the TF10. The TF10 have good bass and highs but their mid-range is not very good, they are not that comfortable (actually pretty uncomfortable) and their sound stage is only average. The Copper's have very nice bass, a nice midrange, and sparkly treble (almost to hot and sparkly), they are more comfortable than the TF10 but do have their own challenges in regards to level of insertion.

You also might want to consider the Sennheiser IE8 which also are quite nice and were in my experience more comfortable than the Copper's and TF10.

Mar 18, 2011 at 2:00 AM Post #3 of 5

Quote:
I would look at the Westone 3 before I would look at the TF10. The TF10 have good bass and highs but their mid-range is not very good, they are not that comfortable (actually pretty uncomfortable) and their sound stage is only average. The Copper's have very nice bass, a nice midrange, and sparkly treble (almost to hot and sparkly), they are more comfortable than the TF10 but do have their own challenges in regards to level of insertion.

You also might want to consider the Sennheiser IE8 which also are quite nice and were in my experience more comfortable than the Copper's and TF10.

it is because the stock cable is crap and worth nothing. upgrade them into silver cable or something better and the mid range improves significantly

Mar 18, 2011 at 2:36 AM Post #4 of 5

Quote:

it is because the stock cable is crap and worth nothing. upgrade them into silver cable or something better and the mid range improves significantly

Totally agreed, the soundstage of the TF 10 is very tips dependent, with a proper fit and the right set of tips ( Monster Cables Super Tips - Foam ) the only other iem I have heard with a bigger soundstage is the IE 8. In terms of size of the soundstage my W4 is on par with the TF 10, the W4 has more depth, but the TF 10 has more width.

Mar 19, 2011 at 1:07 AM Post #5 of 5
Thanks everyone. Ill be looking into the two IEM's mentioned. They are quite a bit more than what i intended to spend, but if the quality justifies the cost difference ill see if i can make it work. Ahh too many choices! 
blink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back