Help me improve my DT 990 pro experience
Mar 9, 2013 at 10:44 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

MistaSparkul

New Head-Fier
Hey all,

Just got myself some Beyerdynamic DT 990 pro (250ohm version) and a hand-me-down FiiO E10 from a cousin. Is this good enough for now? Or maybe there's something else I can throw into the mix to get more out of my 990s? Or would I have to get rid of the e10 and get something better entirely?

Mar 10, 2013 at 3:46 AM Post #2 of 4
There are so many conflicting opinions on the e10 with the 990.  Just listen to it yourself for a little while, if you like the way it sounds then stick with it.  But if you really feel like your itching to upgrade, maybe you can give the schiit magni a go.  More than enough to power the Beyers.

Mar 10, 2013 at 4:37 PM Post #4 of 4
Quote:
Hey all,

Just got myself some Beyerdynamic DT 990 pro (250ohm version) and a hand-me-down FiiO E10 from a cousin. Is this good enough for now? Or maybe there's something else I can throw into the mix to get more out of my 990s? Or would I have to get rid of the e10 and get something better entirely?

Heya,

I would just stick with it. If you want "more" from the DT990, then equalize it to suit whatever taste you have.

You could get an external amplifier and use the E10 as a DAC. But frankly, you'd have to probably go into the $200~300 range amplifiers for this to even start to matter. Yea, you could get the $99 Magni or the $150 O2. But in all seriousness, you probably won't hear a difference that actually is appreciable. Beyers are too efficient for amps to make a big difference I find. Even the 600ohm Beyers are very easy to power.

Very best,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back