Help me find a portable headphone
Jan 17, 2011 at 3:58 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

DarkAllen

New Head-Fier
So i am still a beginner at this and am asking for some advice from everyone at head-fi. I need a pair of portable headphone to use with my ipod. I listen to mostly RNB, techno, hip-hop, pop and so on.

Its mostly gonna be used with the ipod but might use it with my computer once in a while.

Currently i am interested in a Sennheiser HD228 that cost around 70. But budget is 80$ and under being a student i can't afford to spend too much.

I am looking for a nice stylist headphone with good bass and sound quality.

Thanks

Jan 17, 2011 at 6:33 PM Post #2 of 13
I would direct you to ljokerl's ridiculously amazing comparison threads... Seriously, take a look at these. He gives a detailed description of each head/earphone, along with a numerical score in like 5 different categories. It's amazing
Portables: http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/433318/shootout-65-portable-headphones-reviewed-tdk-wr700-akg-k430-added-01-08
IEMs: http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/478568/multi-iem-review-131-iems-compared-xears-xb120pro-meelec-r1-rev2-added-01-05/1530#post_7132273

Jan 20, 2011 at 6:44 PM Post #6 of 13
I mean it might be portable, but from what I've heard, the sq if pretty iffy, and you can get plenty of better phones at $99... For Example, you could probably find like M50s for around the same price, even though they aren't as portable, or maybe some AKGs...

Jan 23, 2011 at 6:21 PM Post #8 of 13
Well |joker| didn't actually think too highly of either of those... based on his reviews I would probably get the AKG K81DJs, which seem to be very portable, and you can get them off Amazon for less than $60, unless you have problems finding them wherever you live...

Jan 23, 2011 at 9:05 PM Post #9 of 13
i'm not exactly sure how portable u want it, but my vote goes to creative aurvana live (a clone of denon 1000, so pretty much similiar sound)
these are great bang for buck headphones, i have them, and i love them.  The only thing is that they dont fold nor do the cups fold flat, they do however, come with a pouch. So expect to hang them around your neck or put them in your bag when not in use.
they are great for the genres you listen to, as they are warm bassy sounding yet still clear, check out the joker thread, he rated them highly over there.

Jan 24, 2011 at 10:56 AM Post #12 of 13

Quote:
Quote:
i am in toronto so it should be farely easy finding them at future shop, best buy if they have them

At least around here, stores like Best Buy rarely have good headphones... Maybe some decent earbuds, but in terms of full-sized ones it's always Beats, Bose, or SC...

haha so true.... its either buy online or pay over price....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back