Help me decide? ER-4p but 10 yr old Technology
Apr 10, 2005 at 4:37 PM Post #47 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by mr.karmalicious
Doesn't Xin have the cable for $25?

Who is XIN? a search for the site shows up nothing. Is that an Abbrev.
I was worried that if I kept searching out cheaper prices I might get stuck with a cable that was not an OEM Ety cable then the cost of shipping back and shipping for a new one would eat up any discount.

Apr 10, 2005 at 5:21 PM Post #48 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by EXpidia
Who is XIN? a search for the site shows up nothing. Is that an Abbrev.
I was worried that if I kept searching out cheaper prices I might get stuck with a cable that was not an OEM Ety cable then the cost of shipping back and shipping for a new one would eat up any discount.

http://www.fixup.net/

He sell self made DIY adapter.

Apr 10, 2005 at 6:19 PM Post #49 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by DanT
http://www.fixup.net/

He sell self made DIY adapter.

Wow, he has an interesting site there. I figured it to be self made for that price. Read through how he alters the OEM stuff.

Still figure though for the $20 difference including the shipping makes more sense to me with $330 list headphones that I spring for OEM one from Todd.
As I already rationalized it out to myself as mentioned in a comment above . . with the ER4p to ER-4s converter cable for the $50 outlay it's like getting a second pair of ER-4 canal phones, one set for portable (ipod) use and the other set for home stereo use with out having to spring for a portable amp.

And look at the status factor we're talking here . . . I can't buy $330 list ETY's only to then drape my body with Radio "Sheik" cables and connectors!
Get it? Radio Sheik . . . Kinda like Target vs Tar'shaay
biggrin.gif

But it's interesting how XIN has stepped in to fill the void between high priced and fair priced components in order to give you probably the same quality of sound (maybe even made better than OEM). Gotta Luv Capitalism on the net, more power to ya XIN
cool.gif

Apr 10, 2005 at 6:44 PM Post #50 of 56
Quote:

But it's interesting how XIN has stepped in to fill the void between high priced and fair priced components in order to give you probably the same quality of sound (maybe even made better than OEM). Gotta Luv Capitalism on the net, more power to ya XIN
cool.gif

I would be careful about going that far, many have commented that the Ety cable sounds much better than home-grown with average components. More than likely the Ety cable is a little pricey, but almost certainly it is of top quality.

jesse

Apr 11, 2005 at 5:50 AM Post #51 of 56
Quote:

Does Todd offer a discount to members here when you click on his link to buy a product?

I doubt it, really, since I don't think HeadFi favoritism is his game. IMHO, everyone that visits his shop gets the same great service and experiences, and I think that's what counts.
Quote:

Originally Posted by jesse_w
I would be careful about going that far, many have commented that the Ety cable sounds much better than home-grown with average components. More than likely the Ety cable is a little pricey, but almost certainly it is of top quality.

Well, not only that, but when you pay for the Ety adaptor, you want to be sure you are truly converting your ER4P to the S, right? In my mind, there is no substitute...
BTW, what happens if you use your Ety adaptor on the ER6/6i? Any change in quality?

My
etysmile.gif
gets bigger every day,
Abe

Apr 11, 2005 at 3:44 PM Post #52 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by DanT
They were Like this
biggrin.gif
evil_smiley.gif

or if you were also wondering ER-2

check out the FR graph of the ER-2:

er2-graph.gif

blink.gif

Apr 11, 2005 at 4:58 PM Post #53 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by mr.karmalicious
We need a Shure Smiley!!!

I've sent this to an administrator:

shureE3c.gif

Apr 12, 2005 at 4:43 AM Post #54 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by VicAjax
check out the FR graph of the ER-2:

er2-graph.gif

blink.gif

I think you ought to know that the ER2 is a calibration microphone. It is actually EQed to be flat at the eardrum after passing through the acoustic impedances of the ear canal. We use one as a quick and dirty way to check the calibration of the ears on our dummy head mike. It sounds like crap however. The reason is that your ear and ear canal EQ the sound as it leaves the difuse field out there in space and gets to the ear drum. Flat in the diffuse field (a perfect pair of speakers, for example) changes by the time it gets to your eardrums to something far from flat.

Apr 12, 2005 at 5:38 AM Post #55 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by countach
I've sent this to an administrator:

shureE3c.gif

Nice! Too bad I don't have any Shures to have pride in, all my love is already illustraded in my
etysmile.gif
, and it is huuuuuge!

etysmile.gif
on the west coast,
Abe

Apr 12, 2005 at 1:48 PM Post #56 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tyll Hertsens
I think you ought to know that the ER2 is a calibration microphone. It is actually EQed to be flat at the eardrum after passing through the acoustic impedances of the ear canal. We use one as a quick and dirty way to check the calibration of the ears on our dummy head mike. It sounds like crap however. The reason is that your ear and ear canal EQ the sound as it leaves the difuse field out there in space and gets to the ear drum. Flat in the diffuse field (a perfect pair of speakers, for example) changes by the time it gets to your eardrums to something far from flat.

good information, thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back