help me debate against this kid who thinks skull candies are comparable to Ue-11's.
Feb 26, 2009 at 3:09 PM Post #46 of 54
Quote:

Originally Posted by montell /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well you can say what you want about this guy but I agree with him on one thing though... $1500 for a pair of IEMs just aint worth it. And I find it pretty stupid that you swear by the UE11 while you never heard it. I've owned PK1-3, SA6 and IE8 and a couple of others. Not the lowest mind you. And I can guarantee you that the law of diminishing returns really kicks. Especially in the upper tiers of IEMs. Probally even more so then in speakers or headphones. Out of all those I mentioned I probally prefer the PK3 wich was $30. The IE8 was $250.

I also know that most of the guys here on head-fi probally havent heard a decent home stereo rig. They are just regular guys who bought an ipod and just wanted to improve the sound as much as possible with no interest in home rigs at all. And as such things in gets overhyped beyond around here. Some are even spending $200 on a piece of cable for their "ipods". Most just simply dont know how good an home amplifier and a pair of speakers can sound. All that for a grand total of $300

Chances are these guy probally has more money to spent on a home rig wich would totally blow every portable audio system away and still have cash left over for a pair of KSC75s, girls and other finer things in life.

I agree that trying to convince this guy that UE11 is better, when he clearly has no clue or probably doesnt care about hi-fi portable, is pretty pointless and compounded by the fact the OP hasnt heard them either. In fact I agree with quite a lot of what you said; but this old and IMO stoopid argument about getting better sound for you money in home gear, when talking about portable stuff just gets to me as the 2 are totally different animals with different design goals and limiting issues. The main thing though is you made a pretty huge and dangerous generalization that ended in judgement on people you apparently dont even know anything about. the fullsize HP forum often has almost as many viewers at any one time and fullsize amps is the same; with the DIY section being mainly about home gear too; sometimes there is even more depending on what is going on; so your statement is clearly uninformed to put it mildly

just to illustrate my point; its actually much more than I even thought

Picture9.png

currently
119 in portable headphones forum
32 in portable amps
87 in portable source gear
total 238

257 in fullsize headphones alone
105 in headphone amps (fullsize)
74 in dedicated source
total 436

91 in computer audio which is probably more home than portable same with cables so yeah, maybe think about that a bit

Feb 27, 2009 at 4:16 PM Post #47 of 54
Not everyone likes Grado SR60's , or any Grados though.
One of my friends, who isnt a HeadFi person, doesnt like my SR80 at all. He likes the Koss Pro1(RadioShack Pro35) portable phones better.
He hated the Koss KSC75 . He liked the Fostex T20RP.
His favorite amp of all my amps was the C&C Box+, even over my Portaphiles.

This is a guy who isnt an audiophile at all, and listens to alot of hardcore and rock.
So tastes vary.
His current favorite that he listens to now, is V-Moda Vibes on his Ipod.

Feb 27, 2009 at 6:46 PM Post #48 of 54
Quote:

Originally Posted by walkingman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just drop the whole thing. If he likes Skulls then good for him. Can't see why we should all be bothered...

You speak the words of wisdom.

Let him enjoy his Skulls, and for the rest, let the owners of the UE11 (I am one of them) enjoy the UE11 without having to be spoken to like children. We bought it (it's not $1500, it's $1150), we enjoy it, and those of thus that have other customs (as I do) would probably agree the price/performance ratio is lopsided. I have been saying so for quite a bit now, but don't regret getting the UE11 at all. If you don't want the UE11 for whatever reason you may have, so be it.

Mar 2, 2009 at 2:55 AM Post #49 of 54
Let him wear his Skullcandys.........means more good headphones left on store shelves for us!!!
biggrin.gif

Mar 3, 2009 at 7:20 PM Post #51 of 54
iriverdude ,, I cant stop laughing at that avatar....its freekin hysterical !!! LOLOLOLOL!!!

Mar 3, 2009 at 7:45 PM Post #52 of 54
Quote:

Originally Posted by Drag0n /img/forum/go_quote.gif
iriverdude ,, I cant stop laughing at that avatar....its freekin hysterical !!! LOLOLOLOL!!!

Keep staring at it until he stops chewing
biggrin.gif

Mar 3, 2009 at 9:00 PM Post #53 of 54
Quote:

Originally Posted by iriverdude /img/forum/go_quote.gif
biggrin.gif

i can chew on wrigleys longer...
biggrin.gif

Mar 4, 2009 at 3:33 PM Post #54 of 54
Quote:

Originally Posted by iriverdude /img/forum/go_quote.gif
biggrin.gif

Hes still chewing and i need sleep....When is he going to stop?
eek.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back