Help me create a high-end setup from nothing!
Jun 30, 2009 at 8:11 PM Post #31 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by Berlioz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sorry. The only reason I didn't respond to that one is that it completely destroys my budget. $1200 US is $1562 Canadian after all taxes are applied.

In the future, I may look towards it, but SACD is out of my price range for now. Also, I'm uncertain regarding the lifespan of the format.

You seem to be pretty confident about it though, so if I may ask, what makes it so damn good?

I think I should cancel my order for the CD player. I'll feel like complete fool, but whatever, that's my punishment for making a stupid purchase.

OK, just to be clear: I don't own it and I don't mess with physical media. However, you can get it for like $800 US used or cheaper, and it does CDs as well.

I've only heard it briefly, so I won't claim to really know what it's about. But Gilmore, Justin, and SR71 Panorama have it, and they use it with the BHSE and O2. I trust those guys.

Jun 30, 2009 at 8:50 PM Post #32 of 32
I have heard a lot of discussion here about mid fi, Hi Fi and High End and in the discussion no real definition as to the meaning of those terms. I am not going to attempt to give any definitions because that would have different meanings to various people. I would like to suggest however that those terms would be best applied to the whole system. For instance a HD 800 coupled to a low end mid fi source and amp would not be a Hi End Hi Fi system despite how good the HD 800 is purported to be. However an HD650 and lets say a WOO 6 coupled to a Rega Apollo or Jolida Red Book CD would arguably be a good start to a HI End system and could be had for $2300.00 and would at the same time be very scalable.

Just something to think about on a High End forum.........
beerchug.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back