HELP ME CONVINCE MY DAD
Jul 8, 2005 at 8:54 PM Post #61 of 66
Quote:

Originally Posted by auris
Choose any one of these:
What any parent with half a brain will answer to this:

1. They will help me get laid.
You're much too young to even think about that!
2. I am helping the economy.
Let someone else help the economie.
3. Be glad I don't want the money for:
a) drugs
b) gambling
c) booze
d)prostitutes/call girls
e) body piercing
Oh no, just because you can think of worse or even criminal things to do doesn't make this ANY better!
4. They will help me study acoustical theory.
Like you will! HA! You make me laugh.
5. This will be the last pair I want (like hell, but worth a try).
That's what you said last week.
6. I will sell an old pair or two on ebay, but the price on these is so good
I have to jump on them now.
What wrong with the old ones? You bought them, you like them. Stick with them.
7. If you don't give me the money for them I will seek to become legally
emancipated, then enlist in the Army for a tour of Iraq.
Thank God, I can do with a rest.
very_evil_smiley.gif

There are many other excuses, limited only by your imagination.
lambda.gif

Sorry if some of these are duplicate suggestions: I was so anxious to help, I did not take the time to read all the previous posts.
biggrin.gif

Jul 8, 2005 at 9:27 PM Post #62 of 66
Get a job. I just turned 15 and I have a summer job. I never spend my parents money anymore on anything non-essential. Trust me, headphones sound better when you paid for them yourself. Just like how food tastes better when you cooked it yourself.

Jul 8, 2005 at 9:33 PM Post #63 of 66
Quote:

Originally Posted by Canucklehead
Get a job. I just turned 15 and I have a summer job. I never spend my parents money anymore on anything non-essential. Trust me, headphones sound better when you paid for them yourself. Just like how food tastes better when you cooked it yourself.

I, personally, prefer the eBay method. Buying cheap selling a tad more expensive. Hey, I've earned my bel canto and many other silly things that way. But working alongside can't hurt.
tongue.gif

Jul 9, 2005 at 5:40 PM Post #64 of 66
All quiet on the western front, neither I nor him mentioned them again, and he just went fishing (commercial fisherman), so he will be gone for a few days. I am expecting delivery on Tuesday, hopefully I can decide whether or not to keep these before he gets home.
I am counting down the days (I really wish I had had the money to use 2 day shipping, but as it was I am already broke from the e4c's--Damn you Head-fi
biggrin.gif
).

Jul 9, 2005 at 5:59 PM Post #65 of 66
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jahn
man you had it all covered until the "i already bought them" part lol! it's far better to wait to buy until you convince your dad that he's buying them for you and it's his idea. that way, you wouldn't have even had to spend your own cash! anyhoo glad you explained it away well enough
icon10.gif

You shoulda got him to buy you another pair, then sell one
biggrin.gif

Jul 9, 2005 at 6:04 PM Post #66 of 66
You guys are just to smart for me
icon10.gif
I am sure my dad who was having enough trouble with me buying one, would absolutely love to buy one for me
rolleyes.gif

I think I just take a good pair of headphones and curtail my spending for a while.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back