Hey guys,

I've narrowed to down to the following options:

1. 1964 v6 £490
2. UM Miracle £660
3. Jh7 £710
4. Jh10x3 £730
5 jh11 £750

My budget is max £750 ($1100)

Because I'm in the uk, these are the best deals I can get.

I listen to hip hop mostly. I understand that it's a personal choice, but in terms of opinion what is the best one to get.

Please consider price vs music quality as well. The JH audio for some reason are so much more expensive. I don't know if its because of the brand name or the fact that they are that much better than the rest even with less drivers.

I am really stuck on this one and would really appreciate some help.

Jul 12, 2013 at 2:41 PM Post #2 of 18
I don't know much about IEM's nor Customs BUT, I will point you to this article if you haven't yet read it:

http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/totl-madness-24-top-line-custom-ear-monitors-reviewed

Good luck!

Jul 13, 2013 at 3:31 AM Post #4 of 18
I don't know much about IEM's nor Customs BUT, I will point you to this article if you haven't yet read it:

http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/totl-madness-24-top-line-custom-ear-monitors-reviewed

Good luck!

I have infact read it. Most of those IEM's are out of my budget or very hard to get in UK.

you might as well cut out JH7, most of people i know start out with the jh5 model and then later upgrade them to atlease jh10 or higher. 

Valid point. Do you by chance or anyone else know the difference between the JH10 and JH10X3?

thanks

Jul 13, 2013 at 3:58 AM Post #7 of 18
Hmm for hip hop, you might want a little extra bass so maybe the Merlin or JH16 would be a nice choice. 

Jul 13, 2013 at 4:36 AM Post #8 of 18
The UM Miracles are awesome! Read my review if you haven't already. 

Hmm for hip hop, you might want a little extra bass so maybe the Merlin or JH16 would be a nice choice. 

I havent rad it yet. I tried searching for it with your username with no success. Do you have a link?

I would love the JH16s but they are well out of my price range. The UM Merlins were recomended to me before but only by the staff at UM.

I know that the JH10x3 are a lot more expensive but for some reason Im leaning towards them, or maybe even the J11. The guy in the place that im buying them from said that people with larger budgets usually opt to buy lower driver models of JH audio rather than a higher driver/flagship models of other brands. I've never demo'd any of them so I would never know, but there surely has to be a reason.

for hiphop i'd go with the 10x3 , the 10 is more into monitoring and "flat"

I am also considering the JH11 too. slightly on the pricey side, but theres a prestige to JH Audio that everybody seems to be able to justify the price.

Any views?

Thanks

Jul 13, 2013 at 4:42 AM Post #10 of 18
Quote:
scratch that, found the review!!
smily_headphones1.gif

You can't really go wrong with the Miracles. 
smily_headphones1.gif
. Listening to them right now. 

Jul 13, 2013 at 4:58 AM Post #11 of 18
You can't really go wrong with the Miracles. 
smily_headphones1.gif

. Listening to them right now. 

Just finished reading your review. very good my friend. :) I like how you described them as unforgiving, I think I'd like that level of detail. I dont mind if I have to sacrifice some bass just as long as that it is not reflective of the song playing. Some songs have a deeper, punchier bass and i think Id really want that to come through if called upon.

Just out of interest, how long since you sent the impressions off did you recieve your iems?

thanks

Jul 13, 2013 at 5:02 AM Post #12 of 18
Just finished reading your review. very good my friend. :) I like how you described them as unforgiving, I think I'd like that level of detail. I dont mind if I have to sacrifice some bass just as long as that it is not reflective of the song playing. Some songs have a deeper, punchier bass and i think Id really want that to come through if called upon.

Just out of interest, how long since you sent the impressions off did you recieve your iems?

thanks
7 weeks I think it was. But mine is going back for a refit.

Jul 13, 2013 at 7:53 AM Post #13 of 18
7 weeks I think it was. But mine is going back for a refit.

awwwwwwww maaaaaaaan!? :frowning2: seven weeks is like forever to wait!!

I got demo booked in for monday. I think ive filtered it down to these three models:

1. UM Miracle
2. JH11 Pro
3. 1964 V6

Would love to hear input from jh11 and 1964 v6 users?

Jul 13, 2013 at 7:57 AM Post #14 of 18
Quote:
awwwwwwww maaaaaaaan!?
frown.gif
seven weeks is like forever to wait!!

I got demo booked in for monday. I think ive filtered it down to these three models:

1. UM Miracle
2. JH11 Pro
3. 1964 V6

Would love to hear input from jh11 and 1964 v6 users?

As the price might suggest, those cannot compete against the Miracles. The Miracles compares against the likes of JH13 Freq etc. 

Jul 13, 2013 at 8:15 AM Post #15 of 18
As the price might suggest, those cannot compete against the Miracles. The Miracles compares against the likes of JH13 Freq etc. 

Oh really?

Thats wierd?! The Miracles price at £660 and the JH11 Pros are £750 :s

But to be honest I think Im leaning towards the miracles based on reviews and so forth. The demo should help to hopefully!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back