HELP ME CHOOSE THE BEST CUSTOM IEM..!
Apr 10, 2010 at 7:35 AM Post #16 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by iPhone4G /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Oke after read jude review I decide to buy JH 16 Pro or UE 18 pro.. Which one should I buy..? jude say, 16 pro is better than 13 pro in bass..cause 13 pro is more neutral.. so I want a little bassy one, so i choose 16 pro from JH .. but there is still competitors from UE..So which one should I buy.. UE 18 pro or maybe JH 16 pro.. I know JH 16 pro is newer than UE 18 pro.. and JH 16 pro, had more driver than UE 18 pro.. Does it make JH 16 pro better than UE 18 pro or not..? Still stuck.. UE 18 pro or JH 16 pro..
atsmile.gif

I was just in the same boat you're in. I was 50/50 on the JH16's & UE18's. I ended up choosing the JH16's because they were newer, more drivers, less expensive, EXCELLENT reviews and the EXCELLENT customer service. After speaking with Jerry personally it made my decision a no brainer. If you have any questions call JH Audio on Monday and I'm sure they will answer all your question. (They're open M-F 9-5 East Coast time )

Apr 10, 2010 at 8:14 AM Post #17 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by ffdpmaggot /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I didn't see UE-18 as 200 dollars more on the sight the last time I checked, now that doesn't mea I was on the right site, the first time I found a pair of UE-18 available it was on a site with a title "don't lose the music" and it had a list price of 2,750 bucks for UE-18. I had already checked JH-audio site and it was 1100 bucks. Here's the (apparently) bogus site
ULTIMATE EARS In-Ear-Monitors | Don't Lose the Music
Now as for ownership, no, I don't own either, but I think its common sense that if you have more drivers in a custom IEM it should sound better than an IEM with fewer. Yes no maybe? Just my two cents based on the fact these companies don't cheap out on driver quality. My recommendations were strictly construction based, and based on a site that was apparently crap

I have nothing to add on topic, but I have to fix this. The whole multi driver thing is untrue. Look at the ER4 series. One driver, and they hold their own against any multi driver IEM in their range. There are a lot more things (circuit design, physical driver weight, etc) that change this. IF you want me to go more into the physics of it, PM me.

-Nkk

Apr 10, 2010 at 11:06 AM Post #18 of 40
confused_face(1).gif
confused_face(1).gif
confused_face(1).gif

yeah its very hard to choose, between UE 18 Pro, and JH 16 Pro..

but according to the older version of UE and JH pro, i've read the review.. I forgot who post it, but i know the one that review it is moderator..
and according to my analysis on the review, IMO the winner is JH..

but i dont know these version cause its new, UE 18 Pro or JH 16 pro, I know expensive doesnt meant it's better.. sometime the cheap one is better than expensive one.. that's what i thought, but this statement doesn't meant that i preferred jh than ue.. Im still confuse choosing one ..

Apr 10, 2010 at 2:17 PM Post #19 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by dragoonf144 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
to ffdpmaggot

I'm willing to make you a 50 driver iem for $3k. It might not fit into your ear (since i won't be providing an enclosure), and it might not even work properly(since id just be soldering wires to connect them altogether) , but hey, since it has more drivers than iems like the jh16, it must be better aye!

Pm me
wink.gif

EDIT: didn't see he was banned.

Also to the OP, i suggest to do what everyone else is saying and to read up more on those impressions threads

Comfortability come first to me.
And even if you have 50 driver, if it a low quality driver it doesnt meant anything. Cause the quality of the driver is depends too.. I know it a cheap driver cause only 3000$ for 50 driver its just the same 6 or 8 driver top end IEM.. And the shape of the shell is depends too.. Cause if it perfectly fit the ear it will make us felt it was a excelent .. Even if the IEM performence doesnt increase we felt better cause it was perfectly inserted to the ear..

Apr 10, 2010 at 2:42 PM Post #21 of 40
Neutral? JH13
Neutral with a slight bass bump? JH16
Slightly colored to be more musical than neutral? UE18

That's pretty much the differences right there AFAIK. They're all for different sound tastes; just pick which one corresponds to you.

Personally I went with UE18 after PM'ing with two members who owned both JH13 and UE18, since I prefer musicality to neutrality/reference.

Also don't worry about comfort. You get an entire month of free refits to get a perfect fit from both UE and JH. So they're the same in that respect.

Apr 10, 2010 at 2:54 PM Post #22 of 40
Quote:

Still need help UE 18 pro or JH 16 pro? Just tell me which one in your opinion..

I have the 16's (in my ears right now
biggrin.gif
) and i cant imagine anything better. they handle everything i throw at them and the extra bass headroom gives me chills when i crank up the EQ.

did we mention the price difference? you can almost have a set of 16 with a TWag cable (especially if you look in the FS section like i did
biggrin.gif
) for the same price of just the 18's. Now that is a combination that im sure would destroy the 18's with a stock cable.

You could factor in the company side of things also. Family business from the guy who started it all, or the mega corp who took over and will charge you $50 just to take a photo of the finished product while you wait for delivery. JH's customer service is the best i've experienced.

Of course the 18's are an excellent IEM from the reviews/impressions and are a different flavour of sound. not necessarily better but it'll cost you.

Did i mention Zac did an amazing job on my artwork especially considering the low resolution file i gave him to work with? He worked with me for almost 2 months on and off with mine and my girls artwork. amazing amount of effort, amazing work ethic, amazing company.
26306_392337699040_132292234040_3758885_3812293_n.jpg

Apr 10, 2010 at 11:38 PM Post #23 of 40
Quote:

Comfortability come first to me.
And even if you have 50 driver, if it a low quality driver it doesnt meant anything. Cause the quality of the driver is depends too.. I know it a cheap driver cause only 3000$ for 50 driver its just the same 6 or 8 driver top end IEM.. And the shape of the shell is depends too.. Cause if it perfectly fit the ear it will make us felt it was a excelent .. Even if the IEM performence doesnt increase we felt better cause it was perfectly inserted to the ear..

I think you didn't realise that my message was directed at ffdpmaggot and not you in a sarcastic tone
tongue.gif
(You can even see from my signature that I prefer single driver iems to multidrivers)

And LintHart

holy crap! those looks banging hot!
What were the costs involved in getting it into australia? How much did it cost for you altogether?

I'm planning to get it as well

Apr 11, 2010 at 1:31 AM Post #24 of 40
Quote:

I think you didn't realise that my message was directed at ffdpmaggot and not you in a sarcastic tone
tongue.gif
(You can even see from my signature that I prefer single driver iems to multidrivers)

And LintHart

holy crap! those looks banging hot!
What were the costs involved in getting it into australia? How much did it cost for you altogether?

I'm planning to get it as well

get them now!
tongue.gif

The shipping costs were a brutal $75 USD. Im not sure how much mine were exactly as my girl bought some JH5's and the dollar was brutal at the time
frown.gif

currently if you were to get them, my break down looked like this:
$1149 for the monitors
$50 Artwork
$75 international UPS shipping
= $1274
AU/USD exchang of about .90c = AU$1401.4
Impressions and shipping impressions was another $50 total

brutal, but as soon as i heard them all the pain went away

Apr 11, 2010 at 1:44 AM Post #25 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by kmhaynes /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Here's your perfect solution:
- a set of JH-13 for you;
- a set of JH-13 for your brother;
- a set of JH-13 for me.

That's under your $5000 limit by $1500 and you've made 3 people very happy!!

Can I join too?
popcorn.gif

Anyways, based on reviews, my vote is for JH13.
You may also read the review of Headphone.com
Click: JH Audio JH13 Pro | HeadRoom Audio

Apr 11, 2010 at 3:07 AM Post #26 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by LintHart /img/forum/go_quote.gif
get them now!
tongue.gif

The shipping costs were a brutal $75 USD. Im not sure how much mine were exactly as my girl bought some JH5's and the dollar was brutal at the time
frown.gif

currently if you were to get them, my break down looked like this:
$1149 for the monitors
$50 Artwork
$75 international UPS shipping
= $1274
AU/USD exchang of about .90c = AU$1401.4
Impressions and shipping impressions was another $50 total

brutal, but as soon as i heard them all the pain went away

Wow, thats not as bad as I thought it would be. I was expecting AU1.5K without the artwork.

So hopefully, it'll be around 1.3-1.35K altogther without the artwork
biggrin.gif

Now to just find a reliable audiologist
biggrin.gif

Also, how long did it take for your impressions to arrive there? Did you use express?

Apr 11, 2010 at 3:34 AM Post #27 of 40
Quote:

Wow, thats not as bad as I thought it would be. I was expecting AU1.5K without the artwork.

So hopefully, it'll be around 1.3-1.35K altogther without the artwork
biggrin.gif

Now to just find a reliable audiologist
biggrin.gif

Also, how long did it take for your impressions to arrive there? Did you use express?

I used Registered post. it cost me about $22 and i posted it on a friday and they arrived there on their following friday so 5 business days where as express post was going to cost $46 if i remember correctly and take about 3-4 business days so i thought bugger it.

according to the tracking they relieved it on the friday but they didn't update my status until the monday. mind you i got my shipped status 1 day after they'd actually shipped also.

Apr 11, 2010 at 4:47 AM Post #28 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by CountChoculaBot /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Neutral? JH13
Neutral with a slight bass bump? JH16
Slightly colored to be more musical than neutral? UE18

That's pretty much the differences right there AFAIK. They're all for different sound tastes; just pick which one corresponds to you.

that sounds pretty much what i gathered. and if it were me i'd prefer the ue18 since i'm not a reference kinda guy. BUT, hearing the problems ppl have been having with UE, I would go with the jh16.

Apr 11, 2010 at 7:40 AM Post #30 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by super_fied /img/forum/go_quote.gif
...or get all 3...like me...lol

Thats cheating :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back