help me build a pc
Nov 10, 2004 at 9:24 PM Post #76 of 81
ok, i think i get the basic idea of what a gaming pc will cost me, and what a minimal basic function pc will cost me

the gaming aspect is simply a choice for me of spending the extra money on more ram, faster cpu, better (much) video card etc. or just keeping my xbox. that's just something i'll have to decide.

yes, i do go back and forth. i anylize-and re-analize my ideas. that's how i usually make good informed decisions, though obviously it can be what i like to call analysis-paralysis; and i think you know what i mean.

anyway, i'll just take into accout everything you guys have said and weigh it in the eternal balances of my nogin for awhile. i see that if i really want a performance pc, i should build a performance pc, not go half-way. obviously, that makes sense. it's just for me to figure things out for myself. will post more hair-brained schemes should i come up with any

thanks for all the help

Nov 11, 2004 at 5:55 AM Post #80 of 81
does anyone know what the differences are between g400, g450 and g550? IIRC, g450 is g400 with slower 3d and higher ramdac. what i am wondering about is if they made any improvements to 2d video playback. i have always missed matrox 2d, but its not a viable option if 2d video is a downgrade from ati
frown.gif

Nov 13, 2004 at 8:12 AM Post #81 of 81
i've finally made my mind to build a basic, audio/internet/word processing pc. i'll continue this thread in "pc shopping list", so please post there if you have any words of wisdom to offer me

thank you everyone for your help. much appreciated

Users who are viewing this thread

Back