Help in choosing a pair of headphones. I don't know what I am doing.
Oct 12, 2010 at 9:38 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Ambex

New Head-Fier
Hi I am looking for headphones in the $80-$100 dollar range to replace my broken Sony MDR-V300's. I like the ones that sit on your ear but not all the way around them and despite not knowing anything about headphones I do enjoy crisp clean music with good quality bass. How loud they go does not really matter to me as long as they have really good sound. I listen to heavy metal, rap, classical, rock and everything in between.

The MDR-V300's were great for sound as far as I could tell with very clear notes and good lows, mids, and highs. I would just get another pair but they are also pretty fragile. This being the second pair to break in a little over a year. I bought a Senneiser HD 228 to replace them and I really do not like them. The highs are good but the mids and lows sound weak and muffled. The sound also has alot of distortion and sounds sloppy. My wife has a pair of Sony MDR-V500's and neither of us are impressed with them. The lows and mids are better than in the HD 228's but not by much and the sound is still weak and sloppy. 

Should I just return my HD 228's and get the MDR-V300's and hope they dont break or should I try a different pair? Any ideas?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back