Help! I need a scientist!
Apr 13, 2021 at 3:18 AM Post #91 of 93
Maybe the E90 and ESP95x would work better with just a simple standalone DAC, without a built in amp? And maybe that's why you're getting some hum coming through from the Sony dacamp. That is my best guess at this point.

If so, then this may not be a grounding problem at all. (In which case, it might be wise to remove the ground from the Sony dacamp before it can cause any damage.) And perhaps just a simple matter of swapping around some components.

If you don't have a simple standalone DAC handy (which can be had quite cheap from any Best Buy btw), then you might try just running the RCA outputs from a CD player into your E90 instead, to see if you get any hum from that. And turn all the other stuff that you're not using off.

Last edited:
May 20, 2021 at 7:11 AM Post #93 of 93
Maybe my body AND my desk are acting as antennae? Not sure why the hum would go away if I touch the amp while it's plugged in. It works in reverse if the headphones are unplugged. I touch the amp and it increases the hum in the unplugged headphones.
My Koss ESP/95x starts humming in both channel if signal cable disconnected or plugged to smartphone. Also I listen humming if energizer is off

Users who are viewing this thread

Back