HELP. Girlfriend rejects new iPod Nano!!!
Sep 22, 2007 at 4:53 AM Post #62 of 71
A friend of mine told me that his friend made the mistake of telling this other fellow that he should get his girlfriend the Nano because its "fatness" would match her own perfectly. Ouch...

Anyway, it totally reminded me of this thread, lol. No offense to OP.

Sep 22, 2007 at 7:34 AM Post #63 of 71
Quote:

Originally Posted by neoufo51 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
A friend of mine told me that his friend made the mistake of telling this other fellow that he should get his girlfriend the Nano because its "fatness" would match her own perfectly. Ouch...

Anyway, it totally reminded me of this thread, lol. No offense to OP.

lol... none taken!
My gf's tiny.
icon10.gif

About to go buy the gift box... but argh, it's such a hot day today... over 100 degrees.

Sep 22, 2007 at 8:08 AM Post #64 of 71
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bigburger /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Maybe you should just give her the new nano anyway, and see if it grows on her. I know lots of people who say they don't like the shape etc. but using it in real life I'm pretty sure would instantly change their mind. And hey, if she still doesn't like it after a couple of weeks, its yours!

Wow ^^ this is almost exactly what I have woulda said, but with some cuss words in the mix
very_evil_smiley.gif

Sep 22, 2007 at 9:56 AM Post #65 of 71
Yes, give her the new nano. Is what a friend of mine just has done with his girlfriend and now she cannot let hers off
smily_headphones1.gif
. She had a fixation for the 2G one and now she calls the new black one "patito feo" (ugly duckling)
wink.gif
You could always say that it is a temporal "loan" meanwhile you search for an old nano. I'm sure she will keep it.

Sep 23, 2007 at 10:05 PM Post #66 of 71
Finally managed to find that elusive 1st Generation iPod Nano, 2nd hand, but in pristine condition. Even the box was in great condition, with unopened buds etc!
smily_headphones1.gif
Travelled quite a distance to collect it from the seller.
basshead.gif

So here's the finished present:
present1.jpg

Went to the craft shop, and bought all the materials. The crown was foam, so I painted it with several layers of gold acrylic paint; I lined the box with acrylic fur (which looks and feels disconcertingly like the real thing!)... the whole thing was put together with generous amounts of clear-drying craft glue. lol!

I'm wrapping the Audio-Technica earbuds separately, cuz I think putting them in with the Nano will lessen the whole visual impact. Hope all goes well! Thanks for the many suggestions guys... I owe ya.
smily_headphones1.gif

My last picture post will be birthday dinner pic, on Tuesday.

Sep 23, 2007 at 10:57 PM Post #69 of 71
Dude,

Get one of her girlfriends to slip her a copy of this thread. You will score more points with it than with any iPod.
biggrin.gif

Sep 23, 2007 at 11:12 PM Post #70 of 71
Quote:

Originally Posted by OverlordXenu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
iAudio7 16gigs?

Where can you buy iaudio7 with 16 gigs? I'd like to get one, but the only ones I've seen have been somewhere around $320 on foreign (European) websites.

Sep 23, 2007 at 11:13 PM Post #71 of 71
Yeah, you totally shoulda gotten her one of those sweet Mp3 player rings that work with wireless headphones. Technology meets romantacism.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back