HELP. Girlfriend rejects new iPod Nano!!!
Sep 17, 2007 at 8:19 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 71

cyanbomb

100+ Head-Fier
Ahhh, emergency... help me guys!
My girl's birthday is in ONE WEEK, and I'd already placed a reservation for a 3rd Gen black iPod Nano 8Gb (my gf's an iPod fangirl), and was gonna pick it up this week.

The problem is, she just saw the new 3G Nanos for the first time tonight and she is disgusted with them! She hates the design, she hates the shape, and she says she's hates what they've done with their glossy iPod image, by changing them into metal. I have to cancel the reservation I placed with a local dealer.

What should I get her now?? I have only a week!!
It needs to be fasionable, gorgeous, and thin, and needs to have at least 8Gb of memory. I'm in trouble, I tell you. (She hates the 2nd gen too, because of the metal)

I'm considering Trekstor VibeZ; any other SLEEK players I should be considering?
Any help would be appreciated!
confused.gif

Sep 17, 2007 at 8:23 PM Post #4 of 71
Quote:

Originally Posted by FaLLeNAn9eL /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Quick question: Has she seen the Nano in person?

She's seen the 2nd Gen Nanos in person, and hates them. I highly doubt the 3rd Gen is going to change her mind. I've seen them in person and think they're ~okay~, but knowing her, her mind's made up about them.
frown.gif

Sep 17, 2007 at 8:24 PM Post #5 of 71
buy her a box of chocolates, give her a big kiss and call it a day

as a struggling student on a tight budget, you should make yourself the priority when it comes to gear ... if she want's gear let her buy it herself

Sep 17, 2007 at 8:25 PM Post #6 of 71
Quote:

Originally Posted by cyanbomb /img/forum/go_quote.gif
She's seen the 2nd Gen Nanos in person, and hates them. I highly doubt the 3rd Gen is going to change her mind. I've seen them in person and think they're ~okay~, but knowing her, her mind's made up about them.
frown.gif

She HAS to see it in person. The new Nano looks stunning in real life.

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnnylexus /img/forum/go_quote.gif

as a struggling student on a tight budget, you should make yourself the priority when it comes to gear ... if she want's gear let her buy it herself

bowqx2.gif

Sep 17, 2007 at 8:29 PM Post #7 of 71
Doesn't sound like much of a fangrrl...
get her the Touch....

Sep 17, 2007 at 8:34 PM Post #9 of 71
Quote:

Originally Posted by FaLLeNAn9eL /img/forum/go_quote.gif
She HAS to see it in person. The new Nano looks stunning in real life.

I'll take her to see it tomorrow or something. If she still doesn't like it... I'm gonna have to find something else.
frown.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by tako_tsubo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Doesn't sound like much of a fangrrl...
get her the Touch....

The touch is too far above my budget (I'm a student, who only works part-time, and already pumping half of what I'm earning this month into the present). To be honest, I think the Touch is a waste of money.

Quote:

Originally Posted by frozncore /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How about the Sony NWZ-A818 or the Sansa e280?

Thanks m8, I'll check them out online now.

Quote:

I'm already buying her dinner, and flowers, and the kiss is a given.
The thing is, her 1st Gen Nano (which she adored), was stolen 2 weeks ago, and she was really, really upset (she listens to music on her commute every single day); which is why a new player would be a perfect present for her.

Sep 17, 2007 at 8:36 PM Post #11 of 71
lol - this is amusing to me, sry i shouldnt laugh, reminds me of a similar situation back in the day, where i bought my then girlfriend an amiga 500, and found out through a mutual friend that she would indeed prefer the atari ST for its music prowess and midi capabilities, as she was a music student, it was panick stations for a bit as i had splashed out big time on that!!!! - but it was all sorted eventually, of course in hindsight i wish i had bought a box of chocolates instead.

hope you get it sorted for the lovely miss.

very_evil_smiley.gif

Sep 17, 2007 at 8:58 PM Post #13 of 71
Try the new Zen. They look better than the old ones. Or you can try meizu m3 which looks almost the same as the 1st gen nano and I believe they do have 8gb. BTW...my GF loves creative stone and Iaudio T2, but they are not 8 gb.

Quote:

Nicely said
icon10.gif

Sep 17, 2007 at 9:01 PM Post #14 of 71
no..no...no...get her a Pink Zune..LOL

scratch that...buy her an iPhone...and forget about it.

Sep 17, 2007 at 9:02 PM Post #15 of 71
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ricardo Dawkins /img/forum/go_quote.gif
no..no...no...get her a Pink Zune..LOL

scratch that...buy her an iPhone...and forget about it.

Zune is too bulky...but iPhone is awesome
icon10.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back