Help for a super light serup
Feb 18, 2011 at 12:44 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

kazzeppo

New Head-Fier
Hi guys, I just started to experiance the wourfull world of headd-fi   For a my first home setup for good music experience last year. Since Im a kind of a nomad, I figured that a head phone rig was the thing....
- short story, I got myself a pair of akg 701/dacmagic  and a powerful amp (g100 from lake people). That was really nice.... after figuring out how to try to get bit perfect... to the dac .... downloading a lot of varius drivers and stuff I got it working nicely enough. Well now Ill relocate to Cambodia. I what to bring my music there. I have decided that i  need to slim my rig a bit. Right now Em comparing dacmagic+g100 and akg 701 to akg 100 and  udac -2 (with out extra amping).....!!!!!  wow I just experienced what I like to call muchness.

offcourse a dedicated dac (dacmagic) and an amp (g100)  running my phones (akg 701) makes a bettar job than the tiny udac-2.

Its funny how listening to an other set up have made me appriciate what I allready got. Compairing this different setups has really helpt me to describe what I like in a soud system..... I like muchnes. A lot of soud without being loud but full.

Unfurtianatly I have to get rid of the dedicated amp/dac thing. Do you guys any suggestions what head phones I could use with the little udac and still get a little richness?... What Ivre read .... ppl says that grado/alessandro should do the trick.

I love Bill withers .... fcng gooovy.. on a udac+701 it sound less that the muchness I get from dacmagic/g100/akg701- I love muchness....

I´ve got 9weeks before Ill relocate to far away (canbodia). Ill try grado 60is with the udac-2. could you recomend any other can to try?

ahh by the way... my source is a noteboook... Im downloading music in flack and ripping some cds once in a while..

edit* sorry for my spelling.. and grammar... plz be gentle :)
BTW I just relized that I dont think that amping is the most imortant factor for sound quality on this level. I only have a feeling that a pair of +1000USD cans would sound good with a an average amp and dac.

M question to you is: is it possible to get the same fun out of (mystery can)  that I get from  akg 701 from a dedicated amp+dac. shat is the name of that can plez.

On a side note. I tried t connnect the g100 with my speakers
401695.jpg

Se galleri

D'feldt audioengine 5

"g100+D'feldt audioengine 5 sounds just like crap. but I have to say that when I sent the signat straight from Udac-2 to my D'feldt audioengine 5 it sound pretty nice-.

PSS. You cant compaire  the sound of 701+with decicated amp+dac and 701+udac-2.

. k701 only with udac-2 is not half as good as with a a big amp. .... Im lookinking for cans that dont need strong amp and who whould work       straight from a udac-2... help me please!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back