help finding good ear-phones
Jun 10, 2010 at 1:35 PM Post #16 of 23
I listen to a wide variety of music, so I'd like them to be fairly good all-round. I generally listen to various forms of rock (which seems to be a uselessly broad genre) and hiphop/R&B, and once in a while classical music. I liked the clarity of the zune earphones. It seemed that when listening to them I noticed parts of the music that I hadn't before. When I put the panasonics in, the sound seemed a bit duller, like listening from behind a thin door. But it's quite possible that I liked the Zune earphones because I haven't listened to anything better :p

edit: oh, I also see the VisangR03/ Brainwavz M2 are available on ebay

Jun 10, 2010 at 2:27 PM Post #17 of 23
The ViSang R02/R03 and Brainwavz M1/M2 are good all-rounders. I doubt you'll be disappointed with them after the Zune buds. I was actually surprised by how well-balanced my Zune Premium V.2 IEMs were so if you're after that sort of sound I'd recommend the M1 as it's the least bass-heavy of the bunch.

Jun 10, 2010 at 2:48 PM Post #19 of 23
The M1 and M2 can both be purchased directly from the company that makes them at mp4nation.net with free worldwide shipping. Not sure if the ebay prices are higher or lower. M2 is worth getting over the R02 for the better build quality and slightly more coherent sound.

Jun 11, 2010 at 2:13 AM Post #21 of 23
Jeff

I read good thing about
1) Head-Direct RE0
2) ViSang R03 / Brainwavz M2
3) ViSang R02

The Head-Direct RE0 I read over and over on the forum it is the best value..
If this was my price range thats what I would buy..
I almost bought them last month but when for the Panasonic RP-HJE900

Read Jokers review and find the 9-10 Values and 9-10 in sound and you can't go wrong..

Jun 14, 2010 at 7:00 PM Post #23 of 23
well, i'm back to report! i just received my FA eterna's in the mail today. i decided to take advantage of best buy's return policy and gave in and bought a pair of klipsch's s4 on saturday. i've been listening to them almost nonstop for the past two day and for some reason just couldn't get used to them. i originally wanted these over everything else. the bass is very prevelant, hard to ignore and almost takes over the music. treble is not as "sharp" as i was expecting and overall clarity seemed to suffer. i just couldn't get used to them. but i wanted to have something to compare them to.
well, i received the eterna's today and tore open the package before i could get in the house. needless to say i plugged them in immediately and instantly experienced aural bliss. idk what it is about them but the levels are so perfectly balanced it's unbelievable. i couldn't be more happy with FA right now. right out of the box they sound so much better i cant even describe it. not knocking klipsch products but i have a definite preference for the latter brand here. for anyone curious or on the fence with FA eterna's, you will not be disappointed with these earphones! very crisp, clear sound. good bass, mids, and treble clarity, and excellent soundstage. i'm totally satisfied
thanks joker and marcus for helping to educate me on quality products over the last few weeks, and thanks Ethan for shipping these out so quickly. you guys rock!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back