Help! Deciding between Denon ADH2000 vs Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro 80 ohm vs Beyerdynamic T70p
Aug 24, 2012 at 5:38 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

neilgandhi

New Head-Fier
First off, I'm brand new to this forum and I wanted to thank all of you for being here to help us newbs!

I've been going through the forums for a couple of days now and I've gathered a bunch of information in bits and pieces but everyone's situation seems to be a bit different. I would really love some help with my personal situation.

I currently have the Klipsch Image Ones and I'm looking for a nice upgrade. I'm considering the following:

Denon ADH2000
Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro 80ohm
Beyerdynamic T70p

Prioritized Concerns:
Sound Leakage - will be listening mostly in office)
Good bass response - Love the bass response of my Image One's but its a bit sloppy - think 70% of Beats Studios - I know they are crap but just providing a reference...
Comfort - Want to wear them for hours on end
Cost - Would love to stay under $350
Warm sound - not too tinny, and not super laid back

I literally listen to ALL kinds of music but the top genres would probably be pop, hip-hop, rock, and rap in that order.

I will probably be amping them with a cMoyBB amplifier but I also want to be able to drive them off of my iPhone sometimes (hence the lower impedances).

What do you guys think? Which one and why? Any other ideas?

Thanks again!!!

Aug 25, 2012 at 12:21 AM Post #3 of 4
D2000 wins all of those expect isolation, they are semi-open, sorta. For what they are though; If beats made an "audiophile" version of their cans that cost twice as much it would be about roughly on par with the denons.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back