Help: Closest closed headphones to the Future Sonics Atrio IEM (for Trance and Chillout music)
Jul 25, 2011 at 4:24 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

navmau

500+ Head-Fier

I am currently using Future Sonics Atrio IEM's and am looking for a pair of headphones under $120. I have some very specific requirements if you could please help me with this:

- I listen to only Trance and Chillout/lounge music. I want deep AND textured bass, NOT the "one-note bass" or bloated bass.

- I want mids and highs to be clear but not harsh. Something that does really well with strings, piano, female vocals etc.I find my Atrio's are the PERFECT IEM ever made and cover off these specs brilliantly. I am looking to get as close to them as possible with a headphone.

The price limit of $120 is unfortunately very strict and has taken me a long time to scrape together because, being a fulltime carer for my ill Brother, I can't afford any more than this, less would be even better.

I have done some research but wasn't really helpful with my very specific requirements. I saw the DT990 recommended quite a lot but it's way out of my budget. The K81J seems to have very bloated/un-textured bass and the Shure SRH440 doesn't have enough bass.

Some info:
- Have been in love with the Future Sonics audio signature for ~6yrs so would like to stay as close to it as possible
- Listen to Trance and Chillout only, nothing else
- Most music is MP3 between 192 and 320Kbps
- Will be running through my computer, without an external amp

Users who are viewing this thread

Back