Help choosing with a 100$ budget.
Nov 13, 2008 at 9:35 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 19

Love Of Lava

New ID: Hun7er
Hello,

I love blues, old rock like led zeppelin the doors, metal like Van Halen.

What is the best headphone for my taste and my budget?

Please not recessed mid or boom boom headphone.

Best regards.

Nov 13, 2008 at 9:41 PM Post #3 of 19
Alessandro MS-1 would be great for the old rock, and probably for metal (I don't have any metal, so I can't vouch for them in that regard).

They're great for blues, too, but my current favorite blues/jazz/acoustic phones can be found under that budget. I know that I've been bordering on being branded with the dreaded "fanboy" status for my recent posts on the JVC HA-RX900, but I am seriously astonished at how good these headphones can sound with a few simple mods that anyone can do. I was listening to Duke Ellington and Holly Cole last night, and I would maybe even say it was the best I've ever heard them sound.

Nov 13, 2008 at 9:41 PM Post #4 of 19
Oh, and both of those cans are very easy to drive, but both improve with an amp (especially the RX900s).

Nov 13, 2008 at 9:44 PM Post #5 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by 1Time /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What is your source, a PC or ipod? Do you need it for portable use? Do you need it to not leak much sound so as to not bother others around you? Do you already have a headphone amp?

My source are a pc and mp3 player.

It's for listen music in my university chamber.

I don't have a headphone amp.

Nov 13, 2008 at 9:51 PM Post #8 of 19
I mean what country/region of the world do you live in. Headphones cost different amounts in different places, my recommendation especially.

Nov 13, 2008 at 9:52 PM Post #9 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sherwood /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I mean what country/region of the world do you live in. Headphones cost different amounts in different places, my recommendation especially.

France.

Nov 13, 2008 at 9:56 PM Post #11 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sherwood /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yes Grado are more expensive in France.

But the alessandro cost 100 dollars in USA, I am not afraid to buy in USA.

Nov 13, 2008 at 9:59 PM Post #12 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by 1Time /img/forum/go_quote.gif
OK, so do you need headphones that do not leak much sound out so as to not bother others, or is that not a concern?

You can suggest me headphone with a good isolation and other who have a weak isolation (open headphone)?

The MS1 has a weak isolation?
If yes, it can be improved by swapping with new earpad?

Nov 13, 2008 at 10:03 PM Post #13 of 19
The isolation won't change with different earpads, but if you use them in your room you'll be fine.

The MS1 are actually $100 everywhere, but the Grado are more expensive in France, so I'd go with the MS-1. Really excellent headphones, especially right from an MP3 player.

Nov 14, 2008 at 12:14 PM Post #15 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by Love Of Lava /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What is the differences between the Grado SR80 and the MS1?

Their sound are not too bright and harsh?

I want a smooth a sound, not irritating my ears.

MS1 is not as bright as SR80 and it should be a lot cheaper for you. With the stock comfy pads, I wouldn't consider the MS1 harsh.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back