Help choosing with a 100$ budget.
Nov 14, 2008 at 1:47 PM Post #16 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by Love Of Lava /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What is the differences between the Grado SR80 and the MS1?

Their sound are not too bright and harsh?

I want a smooth a sound, not irritating my ears.

MS-1 is smoother and more neutral than the SR80 especially with the stock comfy pads. I wouldn't recommend the bowl pads because they make the sound harsher and brighter. They are too dark with the flat pads so Id recommend just keeping the default pads for them. The MS-1 would be a great choice. The Audio Technica AD700 is also good too if you want a bit more versatile headphone for movies, games, classical music etc. due to its much larger soundstage.

Nov 14, 2008 at 4:42 PM Post #18 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by Love Of Lava /img/forum/go_quote.gif
More advice?

I'll be posting a short, but detailed guide (with pictures) on modding the JVC HA-RX900s either today or tomorrow.

These phones provide enough isolation, and I honestly think that you can't get anywhere near this level of sound for anywhere near this price.

Nov 14, 2008 at 7:07 PM Post #19 of 19
Oh yes. The MS-1 is the most logical choice IMO. I had them and they're not harsh and bright at all.
The good thing is if you ever find them to be too smooth etc. you can always swap or mod the pads. I found the Sennheiser HD414 pads (they fit without modding) to be a little brighter and clearer. Eventually I quarter modded (make a hole in the middle) and they're even more clear.
Another vote for the MS-1. And oh, make sure you leave this place after you ordered them.
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back