1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Help choosing phones + amp

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by tom83, Nov 4, 2012.
  1. tom83
    Hi,

Apologies for yet another thread by someone new asking for consumer advice. I'm finding it hard to make decissions.

I'm in the market for some circumaural headphones (up to £200) and a portable amp. I listen to music all day at work in a busy office mostly from a HTC mobile phone. I think i'd like a decent pair of closed back phones with good isolation. I've pretty much decided to buy a portable amp+DAC (Fiio E17 probably) then hopefully whenever possible I can use the DAC instead of my computer, phone laptop DACs.

I listen to a variety of music so i'm looking for an allrounder. I'm considering:

AGK K271 mk2 - £120 (too light on bass, even with an amp?)

Audio-Technica ATH M50 - £135 (seems a good allrounder, easy to drive, is the amp a waste of money)

Ultrasone HFI-780 - £160 (again easy to drive, reports that they're uncomfortable?)

Denon AH-D2000 - £210 (pricey, so I need to spend this much, and if so are there better phones which i've overlooked?)

Any help appreciated.
    thanks
    tom

2. PurpleAngel Contributor
    Takstar Pro 80, sells on eBay for around 55 GBP.

3. ostewart
    SoundMAGIC HP100 go for about 170 from advancedmp3players.co.uk