Help choosing pc audio card under 70$ and question about DAC
Mar 7, 2014 at 4:59 PM Post #16 of 22
anazy9ag.jpg
ok....no comment....it's impossible to mount the SB-Z on my motherboard: it hits the mb's heatsink.....the only thing to do is changing audio card?

Mar 9, 2014 at 7:04 AM Post #17 of 22
Problem solved but there's another one....If I connect the SB-Z to my 2.1 by using RCA cables the sound is terrible! I nearly can't understand the words of a song :frowning2: the reason could be the bad quality of the cable? Or maybe some dust in the 2.1 RCA in? :frowning2:

Mar 9, 2014 at 9:59 AM Post #18 of 22
It's unlikely that the cables are the problem if they worked OK before with the onboard audio.

Did you disable the onboard audio in the bios?

Mar 9, 2014 at 11:46 AM Post #19 of 22
Before I was using optic fiber and for the SB-Z I bought RCA, I tried to change cable: problem fixed! That's strange because a cheaper cable works better. :S however do I have to disable "HD audio" on the bios?

Mar 9, 2014 at 11:59 AM Post #20 of 22
Yes. You should disable the motherboard audio chipset in your bios. Generally, even a budget RCA cable will work fine, unless you bought THE cheapest cable you could find on the Internet. Then maybe you have an RCA problem. So best to troubleshoot some potential configuration issues first.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back