Help choosing IEMs 100-200$ price range
Jun 26, 2012 at 4:52 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

OfekA

New Head-Fier
I'm extremely confused at the moment on which IEM to choose from, there are just too many to choose from.. and I've already been really dissapointed once..

Music that i listen to: Modern Rock, Classic Rock, Acoustic guitars, Heavy Metal, Thrash Metal, Alternative Metal and Melodic Death Metal.
My top 15 last.fm bands are: Metallica, Avenged Sevenfold, Machine Head, Anberlin, Escape The Fate, Kiuas, Framing Hanley, Dead by April, In This Moment, In Flames, All That Remains, Bullet For My Valentine, A Day To Remember, Black Tide, Kreator.

I recently bought the Ultimate Ear Triple Fi 10, but I've been really dissapointed by them, they fit horribly (I just cant get them to fit properly because they are just huge!). and it destroy every bit of good experience with them.

What I'm looking for is a pair of IEMs which apply to these conditions by order of importency:

1. Should be extremely comfortable to fit and to listen for 3-4 hours straight without hurting the ear with good seal so it wont lose the sound after a few minutes.
2. No over the ear cord, just straight down, after using the over the ear cord on the Triple fi 10, I hate it so much, perhaps it's because I wear glasses and it interferes but i doubt it.. it's just not comfortable for me.
4. I prefer them to have nice bass but also good for some vocal songs.
3. I need them to be with a good built quality, I dont want them to break after 3-4 months, though I treat all my products well.
4. Preferably good looking, but it's really just a bonus for me..
5. Price range 100$-200$, will cross the range if it's really worth it though.

Ask me any question if you need any other information, and thanks all of the helpers in advance! :)

Jun 26, 2012 at 4:59 PM Post #2 of 3
I suggest the Brainwavz M2 with the Comply T-400 foam tips.  The total cost to you would be less than $100 and the sound for rock is awesome.  I am listening to them right now straight out of my iPod and love the sound and comfort.  They are strain relieved both at the jack and ear piece end.  The cord is slightly microphonic if you exercise with them, but with a simple cable clip it goes away.

I highly recommend them.

Jun 26, 2012 at 5:25 PM Post #3 of 3
Quote:
I suggest the Brainwavz M2 with the Comply T-400 foam tips.  The total cost to you would be less than $100 and the sound for rock is awesome.  I am listening to them right now straight out of my iPod and love the sound and comfort.  They are strain relieved both at the jack and ear piece end.  The cord is slightly microphonic if you exercise with them, but with a simple cable clip it goes away.

I highly recommend them.

I exercise alot at the gym, wont they fall off or lose their fit alot?
also what about the M4? I like that is has a control and a mic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back