Help choosing between Creative Aurvana Live vs Aurvana Live2
May 17, 2014 at 3:13 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

fernx25

New Head-Fier
Hi, I've been looking around head-fi for a while, for an upgrade to my current HD201. I seem to have decided on the headphones in the topic, but the problem I'm having is deciding between the two based on price. In Australia the Live1 is selling for $80 while the Live2 is not available. If I were to ship the Live2 from Amazon, it comes up to $170. From my understanding the major difference between the two, is that the Live2 has more bass. I have listened to the ATH-M50 and I was about to buy it until I read about the Live1, I didn't find the bass on the M50 overpowering, and in saying that I don't mind a bit more of a bass extension. But basically my main question is: is the Live2 worth the ~$90 more over the Live1? I'm also open to other suggestions. 
smile.gif

May 18, 2014 at 8:58 PM Post #2 of 4
Hi,

You should also consider Logitech UE6000
http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/surprisingly-good-logitec-ue6000-and-ue9000

Best Luck!

May 19, 2014 at 2:39 AM Post #3 of 4
  Hi, I've been looking around head-fi for a while, for an upgrade to my current HD201. I seem to have decided on the headphones in the topic, but the problem I'm having is deciding between the two based on price. In Australia the Live1 is selling for $80 while the Live2 is not available. If I were to ship the Live2 from Amazon, it comes up to $170. From my understanding the major difference between the two, is that the Live2 has more bass. I have listened to the ATH-M50 and I was about to buy it until I read about the Live1, I didn't find the bass on the M50 overpowering, and in saying that I don't mind a bit more of a bass extension. But basically my main question is: is the Live2 worth the ~$90 more over the Live1? I'm also open to other suggestions. 
smile.gif

You're not necessary getting bass extension; it's more accurate that you're listening to a can that delivers bass that is "EQed up" well beyond neutral.  If M50 level bass emphasis or more is what you're looking for, the Live1 and the (also excellent and fairly neutral) UE6000 aren't for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back