Help choose my headphone :D
May 16, 2013 at 6:37 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

hailflex

New Head-Fier
Looking for:

-Good for all kinds of music
-Comfort (to listen to 8+ hours sometimes)
-Build quality and durability (don't want it to break anytime soon)
-Some portability
-Closed back

Price range: U$ 200 - U$ 300

I was checking the guides but the headphone i liked wasn't even there... (Sony MDR-1R which is around U$ 230 now)

Any help? :)

May 16, 2013 at 6:51 PM Post #2 of 9
One of the Beyerdynamic DT770's would work. 80 Ohms if you want more bass, 250 ohms if you want more neutrality. They're very comfortable and the build is very sturdy. They're closed so you can use them as portables, too. Unfortunately they don't fold up, but they're durable enough that you can just toss them in your backpack.

May 16, 2013 at 7:09 PM Post #3 of 9
Quote:
One of the Beyerdynamic DT770's would work. 80 Ohms if you want more bass, 250 ohms if you want more neutrality. They're very comfortable and the build is very sturdy. They're closed so you can use them as portables, too. Unfortunately they don't fold up, but they're durable enough that you can just toss them in your backpack.

I've heard you need amp for those?

May 16, 2013 at 7:14 PM Post #4 of 9
They do improve considerably with an amp, but they sound pretty good without one, too. I'm not sure what you're used to; what kind of headphones have you heard and liked before?

May 17, 2013 at 9:40 AM Post #5 of 9
I'm not "used" to anything. I'm from Brazil and the brands that come here are the hype ones, like beats and bose, so i've tried these and know what they sound like.

My last was a gaming headset. Steelseries Siberia V2. It was pretty good, but suddenly the cable got bad contact and the headset was ruined just because of that. It seems that this Beyerdynamic DT770 also has the cable fixed on the headphone, instead of being a plug (like the Sony MDR-1R for example).

I'm going to buy one in the US so at least i can choose properly now...

May 20, 2013 at 1:50 PM Post #6 of 9
Any other suggestions?

Btw... the Beyerdynamic DT770 250 ohms are selling for U$ 169-179 while the ones with 80 ohms are going for U$ 229. Shouldn't it be more expensive? Seems like a worthy price.

The Sony MDR 1R is going for U$ 209 on eBay.

May 20, 2013 at 6:03 PM Post #7 of 9
Sennheiser momentum would be perfect. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back