Help appreciatet for Picking Out Monitor IN-Ears (Musician)
Aug 14, 2017 at 5:51 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

me03

New Head-Fier
Hello everyone

Introduction about me (unimportand):
I'm a new Member to this Forum (in fact registered just today:ksc75smile:)
I have been pasively reading and consuming reviews and what not on here, and so far you guys helped me a ton. But with all the reviews I've read and my still somewhat limited knowledge... I would like to seek the advice of you people with the Golden Ears (aka audiophiles) :wink:

What I'm looking for:
An In-ear monitor to use on stage as a performing musician.

- It needs to be a "cable-over-the-ear-build" (I can't think of the proper term atm)
-preferably with a custom-ish look to it (altough sound is priority)

What I've been using so far:
1. Shure SE315
2. Auglamour R8

About my ears and taste:
I don't necesarrily consider my self a top notch audiophile. I do have quite picky ears though, enough so that I dislike my Shure SE 315...
I would decribe my taste as following:
I prefer a quite linear frequecy response with a good sounding slightly raised bass. Good clean seperation and decent imaging/soundspace (imaging/soundspace is not as important tough)

What I would consider at the moment:

-TFZ Exclusive King (favourite ish)
-TFZ Series 4
-TFZ Series 5 (maybe?)
- anything you guys tell me about

I dont know about these:

-NiceHCK BE4 (1DD+3BA) https://www.aliexpress.com/item/New...hone-NiceHCK-Customized-With/32783827753.html
-NiceHCK DZ7 (1DD+6BA) https://www.aliexpress.com/item/New...-Printing-NiceHCK-Customized/32689893188.html
My understanding about these NiceHCK is that the use "stadard" multiple drivers they buy and they arrange them and build the shell around the correct?

-KZ ZST (probably not good enough?)

My Budget goes up to 300.- ish

What do you guys think? Are those NiceHCk worth the money over the TFZ or are they to much of an unsafe bet?
Anyone has reliable experiences with them apart from stinky liyng china reviews?:sweat_smile:

Thank you for all your Answers!! Greatly appreciatet!

Edit: Added Links

Last edited:
Aug 15, 2017 at 5:47 AM Post #4 of 5
Thanks for your reply!
I haven't heard of these so far.
Of course i jumped straight to the review-part of this beautiful forum, what I've read didn't really spike my hopes for these:

-lacking treble and almost kind of loosing clarity do this
-build-quality issues with the cable connectors
On top of that the UM 30Pro is a bit more than i wanted to spend, for almost 500.- I think I'd rather up my budget a notch ans go for customs...

How do you think the Westones UM Pro 30 compare to the shure SE 535?

Aug 15, 2017 at 6:41 AM Post #5 of 5
Thanks for your reply!
I haven't heard of these so far.
Of course i jumped straight to the review-part of this beautiful forum, what I've read didn't really spike my hopes for these:

-lacking treble and almost kind of loosing clarity do this
-build-quality issues with the cable connectors
On top of that the UM 30Pro is a bit more than i wanted to spend, for almost 500.- I think I'd rather up my budget a notch ans go for customs...

How do you think the Westones UM Pro 30 compare to the shure SE 535?

I think the UM Pro30 are quite similar in many ways, the mids are not quite as forward as the SE535, but both have a warm more euphoric sound. The UM Pro30 has ever so slightly more treble presence, but both are thicker/warmer sounding which works well on stage due to background noise.

If you want neutral the SE425 is better at that, albeit missing out a tiny bit in extension on both ends.

The UM Pro series has just undergone a slight cosmetic overhaul, which may improve reliability. Even looking at the UM Pro20 might be a good idea.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back