[Help and recommendations] Complimentary pair of headphones
May 24, 2023 at 4:10 PM Post #16 of 16
Ah, that's the exact opposite to how i listen to new toys. I tend to give them a 2 weeks of exclusive listening and only after, i go back to my previous ones and if i spot any improvements, then they're keepers (regardless if the improvements are in 1-2 categories or simply all around). If not, back they go. I tend to not believe in burn-in but i do forget (like really, honestly forget) them on the side with music playing. Generally, during a normal day (when i'm not at work) of listening, out of 10-12 hours of music playback, i have the cans on my head for anywhere between 6 to 10 hours. I'm really curious about the bass differences since this is the category where i seem to be different from most of the people (i found the Arya SE's bass way better than the LCD-2 Fazor, for example or have found the HD800S to sound really warm in comparison to what people have stated, with really tamed highs and quite a good, although lacking in quantity, bass).
I was focused on the figuring out the do they or don't they break-in.

Wow! I'm 12 hrs/wk....

The newer 800S are supposed to have had silent upgrades, so the one you had was recent, that might explain it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back