Help a Lousy Photgrapher Pick a Digital Camera
May 20, 2006 at 11:54 PM Post #61 of 62
Quote:

Originally Posted by seeberg
Just wait until you try that 18-200 VR! For me, it makes me want only it as my lens(as apart from using my 18-55 and 70-300, to ditch my tripod, and my case. I imagine it would make things incredibly convenient, but hooo boy, that price tag is huuuuge to me
eek.gif

yes, having a vr lens would probably eliminate the requirement for a tripod. but the price tag! ouch! the 70-200mm lens is $1500. the good thing about a tripod is that you can take several of the same shot but different settings.

May 21, 2006 at 8:36 PM Post #62 of 62
Quote:

Originally Posted by fureshi
the good thing about a tripod is that you can take several of the same shot but different settings.

That, and getting panoramic cropping and multi shot mosaics. I don't even know quite how to do this, but I imagine it would take one, as well as some good ideas about angles of view. Since I have to deal with a strict 3:2 ratio, I have to make 2-3 shots depending on panoramic width, but the mosaics I have planned are simply outlandish; I want to do my room in my house all up in photo paper size prints for wallpaper, cut and pieced together to make a wraparound view, perhaps of a beach or park or something. I think it would be a spectacular task to undertake!

580smile.gif
Abe

Users who are viewing this thread

Back