Hello good people
Nov 13, 2022 at 6:39 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

fiss

New Head-Fier
I wanna buy DT 990 pro with Sound BlasterX G6 DAC AMP. For listening music purely and mixing music. I know that Sound BlasterX is for gaming but I read online that it might run good with DT 990 pro.
So I came here for advice.
Should I take those two or just buy DT 990 with 32 ohm or do you recommend me DT 990 pro with this DAC or some other?
Keep in mind my budget is kinda low, I can give up to 100 Euros for DAC and around 150 Euro for Headphones.

My music preferences is Metal, progressive rock, indie rock, ambient, hip hop and so on. I switch between genres quite alot. But I like my sound to be in V shape, like with some bass and some highs. But that also depends on what Im listening. So I read alot of reviews and it looks like DT 990 pro is my choice to go. If you have some other recommendations I woul love to know.

Thank you.

Nov 16, 2022 at 1:28 PM Post #2 of 3
this reminds me of my first step into the audiophile world!

My first headphone was the DT990 Pro and the Fiio E10K! It was a huuuge difference compared to gaming headphones.

the DT990 Pro can be “bright“ to some people which is why I think the E10K is a great external DAC/amp for it because there is a bass boost switch that can warm the sound up a bit.

Nov 16, 2022 at 2:46 PM Post #3 of 3
this reminds me of my first step into the audiophile world!

My first headphone was the DT990 Pro and the Fiio E10K! It was a huuuge difference compared to gaming headphones.

the DT990 Pro can be “bright“ to some people which is why I think the E10K is a great external DAC/amp for it because there is a bass boost switch that can warm the sound up a bit.
E10K really is a great compact device for cheap, has plenty of power for 32 ohm DT 990 (maybe not ideal for 250 or 600 though) and yes that bass boost was an instant fun switch for me

OP -- if you want V-shape then closed back DT 770 is also quite nice, and you get sound isolation vs open back 990, albeit with obvious sacrifices to technicalities (soundstage mostly)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back