Hello from Hapa Audio: New Sponsor
Oct 8, 2021 at 5:04 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 60

Jason Wong

Member of the Trade: Hapa Audio
Hi Headfi!

Who am I?
I wanted to introduce myself and my company. I’m Jason. Many of you might know me as Pez from Audiocircle. I used to do show coverage for RMAF (R.I.P.) For years I did show coverage for both the main show and CanJam. I was planning on launching our new line of headphone cable products at HeadSpace at RMAF, but the show has been permanently cancelled. For anyone who has attended RMAF, they know how big of a disappointment this is. The show was awesome. Rather than throw up my hands I’ve decided that we would make our product debut right here on Head-fi. So without further adieu!

Who is Hapa Audio?

Hapa Audio is a company I started early last year. It is the result of a desire to create awesome cabling products to improve both listenability as well as usability. Take a look at our website for details on our ever growing product list. We make everything from top notch USB cables, to interconnects and our pride and joy... A3323410-7B35-4220-99C6-384C17960161_1_105_c.jpeg

One of my favorite ways to listen to music is via headphones. I have always had a passion for head-fi and spend a lot of time perseverating on how to create a better experience. I feel that Hapa Audio has hit it’s stride with our soon to be released handmade headphone cables. Coming in both full sized and IEM options, our soon to be released products are every bit the technological tour-de-force while also being incredibly customizable, hand tailored to you. We use the best ultra-thin litz copper and litz silver configurations with geometries that are as beautiful as they are sonically sophisticated.

CDF3DBA7-2780-4B56-9E9F-855CB7D1329B_1_105_c.jpeg

Without giving away too much on the new design, I wanted to give a bit of a preview of what is to come. We are hoping to find a handful of experienced reviewers to evaluate our offerings and are looking forward to getting to know the community a better.

B8E992A4-2B17-459C-8878-D5F6CDC49033_1_105_c.jpeg
We are very excited to be a part of the Head-Fi community and look forward to showing you all what's to come!

All the best,

Jason Wong
Founder of Hapa Audio

Last edited:
Oct 8, 2021 at 5:18 PM Post #2 of 60
Hi everyone,

Most of you know me from my past work with Noble Audio, and with my current clients at iFi audio as well as Alexander Rosson’s team at Rosson Audio Design. If you’ve been to CanJam SoCal or RMAF recently (RIP!), chances are you’ve met me or seen me at a show! There are a few things that run throughout my clients that I use to help decide who I work with: they’re passionate about what they do, they have a solid understanding of their brand and future goals, and they all bring something unique to the community at large in terms of their products, and most importantly how they can support the community itself. Jason/Hapa Audio hit all those marks with flying colors.

Speaking of colors, it’s obvious when looking at my big picture, taking my work at Noble, and currently, on the RAD-0 into account, that I really like colors. I really like products that take the word “tailor-made” to whole another level. That word doesn’t just apply to clothing, but ever so slowly it is becoming more place in audio – a way for brands to define themselves, so to speak. Jason immediately understood that I needed to see, and experience the Hapa treatment for myself, building me a set of the KnOt IEM cable, the Ember USB cable, and the Quiescence C interconnects. It was immediately obvious the care and attention to painstaking detail put into the products, and it helped me realize that bringing Jason onto my portfolio as a client was the right decision. Visuals aside, the products sound great and are worth the price of admission, in my book.

What’s next for Hapa Audio? Letting you all experience what I’ve gotten to over the past few months! We will be opening up a tour of Ember USB, our entry-level cable, and review units for our KnOt line of IEM and headphone cables. If there’s anything else that piques your interest on our site here, just ask! We look forward to getting to know you all a little better, and take your feedback back to Hapa, applying it to the next steps of our journey!

Oct 8, 2021 at 6:04 PM Post #4 of 60
Those are some of the most lovely cables I have seen holy hot damn!
There are a lot of cables out there but these are beautiful. Can't wait to see some of these out there :eyes:

Oct 8, 2021 at 10:43 PM Post #6 of 60
Those cables look amazing. They're really on a whole other level designwise than most of the braided cables out there, even really expensive ones.

Those are some of the most lovely cables I have seen holy hot damn!
There are a lot of cables out there but these are beautiful. Can't wait to see some of these out there :eyes:

Thanks so much, guys.

We really appreciate it.

Hapa has been R&D for the last two years or so, and after making a splash and building our first community with Audiocircle, we felt were ready for Head-Fi!

Oct 8, 2021 at 10:47 PM Post #7 of 60
Last edited:
Oct 9, 2021 at 12:22 AM Post #8 of 60
Those are some absolutely wild looking cables!! If the sound is good as the looks, these are definitely something to keep an eye out on 😍

Oct 9, 2021 at 5:54 AM Post #10 of 60
At what point do headphone cables stop being wires and start being necklaces?
Haha the headphone community just seems an year behind the keyboard community when it comes to colorful, coiled/split cables there. My two primary review categories are clashing more than ever before.

Oct 9, 2021 at 10:11 AM Post #13 of 60
If you're going to spend time around people listening to music, you might as well look good.

Cables will only fully transition to necklaces, though, when wires are no longer necessary to achieve great sound. This is what happened with wristwatches; now that even the best watch is an inferior timekeeper to one's phone, it is just jewelry that also happens to tell time not quite as well.

Oct 9, 2021 at 11:10 AM Post #14 of 60
Cables will only fully transition to necklaces, though, when wires are no longer necessary to achieve great sound. This is what happened with wristwatches; now that even the best watch is an inferior timekeeper to one's phone, it is just jewelry that also happens to tell time not quite as well.
Interesting point. Arguably with AirPods that has already happened in the sense that no wires are needed, yet some people choose to use neck straps so they don't lose them.

Screenshot_20211009-081009_Chrome.jpg

Oct 9, 2021 at 1:32 PM Post #15 of 60
Those are some absolutely wild looking cables!! If the sound is good as the looks, these are definitely something to keep an eye out on 😍

Thanks, bud. Preciate your support, means the world!

Now :wink:

Haha the headphone community just seems an year behind the keyboard community when it comes to colorful, coiled/split cables there. My two primary review categories are clashing more than ever before.

A year late is better than never! Do let me know if you'd like to shot at reviewing these via PM.

Some great looking cables there. That massive chin slider though...

We can certainly look into providing smaller ones!

However great they look, though, most of the folks around here are going to want to know things like material and gauge of wire.

I will check with Jason to see what we can provide as far as the wire gauge.

As far as internal materials, we only use the highest quality of to create the following combos for the options:

1. Copper
  2. Pure Silver
  3. Copper/Silver Hybrid.
If you're going to spend time around people listening to music, you might as well look good.

100% agree!

Interesting point. Arguably with AirPods that has already happened in the sense that no wires are needed, yet some people choose to use neck straps so they don't lose them.

Screenshot_20211009-081009_Chrome.jpg

The funny thing is, we can probably make these into neck-straps for TWS too ~ just ask. We always appreciate questions and product ideas you'd love to see with our stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back