Hello from Hapa Audio: New Sponsor
Oct 18, 2021 at 1:18 PM Post #46 of 60
Can you give me a ballpark price for the sa6 cable?

Are you looking at Dreddz or Knot? Thanks!

Got a couple of samples in, here are a choice few photos taken today of the headphone cable (XLR to dual 3.5 mm):

Bonus IEM cable (4.4 mm to 0.78 mm 2-pin):

The photos don't really do the cables much justice, and knowing more about all the materials and connectors used also helps better appreciate them. From the build quality and aesthetics point of view, the only issue I have is the logo on a plastic sticker that feels cheap compared to the rest of the immaculate construction and appeal. I haven't actually plugged these into anything just yet, so time will tell how they end up performing.

Can not wait for impressions, thanks for the wonderful first batch of photos!

Oct 18, 2021 at 1:28 PM Post #48 of 60
Dre are a bit more than I wanted to spend so I guess it would be the Knot. Thanks

The KnoT is our TOTL and will be priced around the $1500 range depending on customization

The Dreddzis Hapa's entry-level starts with our copper version at $399.

If you are looking for something more entry-level, I would suggest checking out my friends at @DUNU-Topsound who make excellent stuff that is in their own league (and have modular connections!)

Last edited:
Oct 18, 2021 at 1:31 PM Post #49 of 60
The KnoT is our TOTL and will be priced around the $1500 range depending on customization

If you are looking for something more entry-level, I would suggest checking out my friends at @DUNU-Topsound who make excellent stuff that is in their own league (and have modular connections!)
Thanks will do.

Oct 18, 2021 at 1:38 PM Post #50 of 60

i have a general question and please don’t take offense. I have the sa6 and reviews for that cable are very good. I looked at your cables cuz the look and assume sound fantastic. But here is my question. Your lowest cables are a hundred more and the Dreddz are…well..quite a bit more. Purchasing either cable, am I really going to notice sound that is that much better? Just a fairly new guy asking questions lol. Thanks

Oct 20, 2021 at 9:14 PM Post #51 of 60
i have a general question and please don’t take offense. I have the sa6 and reviews for that cable are very good. I looked at your cables cuz the look and assume sound fantastic. But here is my question. Your lowest cables are a hundred more and the Dreddz are…well..quite a bit more. Purchasing either cable, am I really going to notice sound that is that much better? Just a fairly new guy asking questions lol. Thanks

Pretty controversial question that only you can answer for yourself. Some people go their whole life perfectly content with stock cables or just simply can't hear a difference, others, well, kilobuck+ cables exist because people are buying and enjoying them. That being said I haven't heard a Hapa cable, I hope to one day, but I can't really answer for you and again I don't think anyone else really can. Too subjective. But there's also nothing wrong with buying for aesthetics, and Hapa has definitely nailed it in that department.

Oct 25, 2021 at 9:16 AM Post #52 of 60
Some microscope images/close-ups:

VHX_000008.jpg
VHX_000013.jpg

VHX_000015.jpg
VHX_000020.jpg
VHX_000023.jpg
VHX_000031.jpg

Oct 25, 2021 at 12:26 PM Post #53 of 60
vsg,
I have never seen anything like the photos you have put here. I Work under a magnifying glass for quite a bit of my day making these cables, but even that pales in comparison to the photos you have done. The IEM braid in particular is quite a sight! Thank you for sharing this.

Oct 25, 2021 at 2:23 PM Post #54 of 60
Oct 25, 2021 at 2:27 PM Post #55 of 60
Sir!!! These are crazy!!!!

@FullCircle needs to send you a Wizard IEM so you can capture their beauty properly too!
That would be a first then, since I have yet to see an IEM I need to put under the microscope. Hapa Audio is only the second company to date whose products have merited it, but let's see if anything comes out of your ping to Noble Audio!

Edit: They certainly look unique and pretty!

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2021 at 1:25 PM Post #56 of 60
Hey folks!

We have one full-sized Knot headphone cable and one Knot IEM cable available to reviewers.

If you would like to review these units, please follow up with me if:
  1. You have a DSLR or some sort of proper photography set-up.
  2. You are ideally in the USA, we will make the occasional exception.
  3. You understand that we will never be offering units in exchange for reviews.
Thanks! If you already reached out and matched those requirements, chances are I will be following up with you this week!

Oct 27, 2021 at 1:37 PM Post #57 of 60
Hey folks!

We have one full-sized Knot headphone cable and one Knot IEM cable available to reviewers.

Thanks! If you already reached out and matched those requirements, chances are I will be following up with you this week!
Hey folks!

I meet the requirements above and would to review one of your products. Thanks.

Oct 27, 2021 at 2:43 PM Post #58 of 60
I meet the requirements above and would to review one of your products. Thanks.

Shoot me a PM with a few reviews you have done in the past as well! Thank you!

Nov 5, 2021 at 6:13 PM Post #59 of 60
Nov 12, 2021 at 1:13 PM Post #60 of 60

Users who are viewing this thread

Back