Hello from Hapa Audio: New Sponsor
Oct 9, 2021 at 1:55 PM Post #16 of 60
Haha the headphone community just seems an year behind the keyboard community when it comes to colorful, coiled/split cables there. My two primary review categories are clashing more than ever before.
Funny thing is my USB cables for keyboards are braided like regular IEM cables with thin paracord and have been for quite some years now lol. Haven't seen any of the "big" cable makers do it.

I do like the look of these Hapa cables, interested to hear how they sound vs the competition.

Oct 9, 2021 at 3:29 PM Post #17 of 60
Funny thing is my USB cables for keyboards are braided like regular IEM cables with thin paracord and have been for quite some years now lol. Haven't seen any of the "big" cable makers do it.

I do like the look of these Hapa cables, interested to hear how they sound vs the competition.
I am talking about stuff like this, completely for aesthetics with different connectors in the middle:

Switches 25.jpg
1633807814049.png
1633807913356.png

Last edited:
Oct 9, 2021 at 3:46 PM Post #18 of 60
I am talking about stuff like this, completely for aesthetics with different connectors in the middle:

Switches 25.jpg 1633807814049.png 1633807913356.png
Oh I know the ones you meant, I'm not really a fan of the trend.

Mine are either just normal sleeved or braided.

PXL_20211009_194352107.jpg

On topic though I've always been about expressing myself with color when it comes to accessories so I'm stoked about Hapa's cables.

Oct 9, 2021 at 9:27 PM Post #20 of 60
If you're going to spend time around people listening to music, you might as well look good.

Cables will only fully transition to necklaces, though, when wires are no longer necessary to achieve great sound. This is what happened with wristwatches; now that even the best watch is an inferior timekeeper to one's phone, it is just jewelry that also happens to tell time not quite as well.

That transition point has already happened, wireless products already produce great sound.

If someone wants the absolute best sound though, cables will remain the only solution, for obvious reasons.

Oct 9, 2021 at 10:23 PM Post #21 of 60
That transition point has already happened, wireless products already produce great sound.

If someone wants the absolute best sound though, cables will remain the only solution, for obvious reasons.
I don't think it's true that the best wireless gear is competitive in terms of sound. Certainly it's nowhere near the example I provided of the luxury wristwatch, where tens or hundreds of thousands of dollars of wristwatch engineering--whether quartz or mechanical--has zero prayer of hanging with any cheapo phone that is constantly being synched to time servers.

A well engineered wire sounds a lot better than well engineered wireless, so the wire is still more than just jewelry.

Oct 9, 2021 at 10:26 PM Post #22 of 60
I don't think it's true that the best wireless gear is competitive in terms of sound. Certainly it's nowhere near the example I provided of the luxury wristwatch, where tens or hundreds of thousands of dollars of wristwatch engineering--whether quartz or mechanical--has zero prayer of hanging with any cheapo phone that is constantly being synched to time servers.

A well engineered wire sounds a lot better than well engineered wireless, so the wire is still more than just jewelry.

precisely, I think we are saying the same thing (in different ways)

to get the best sound, you have to use wire. however, wireless can still sound great on its own, just that it can never be better than wire.

I'd say wireless can compete with wired headphones up to ~$500 in today's competition, which is great, but nowhere near TOTL

Oct 10, 2021 at 12:24 PM Post #26 of 60
Oct 10, 2021 at 6:49 PM Post #27 of 60
Very pretty stuff! And an interesting design for the IEM cables… Does that colored core house cable as well, or is it like a nylon “dummy” core that the signal-carrying cables are woven around?.. Sort of like a reverse sleeving construction?

67D7F8C2-EC34-4319-93C3-48F786624AB4.jpeg

34CFD646-41FE-4BC6-827D-F4E742B7E221.jpeg

Last edited:
Oct 10, 2021 at 7:29 PM Post #28 of 60
No one would mistake these cables for anything else on the market. Truly unique. The designs are quite sick AF.

Oct 10, 2021 at 7:35 PM Post #29 of 60
Very pretty stuff! And an interesting design for the IEM cables… Does that colored core house cable as well, or is it like a nylon “dummy” core that the signal-carrying cables are woven around?.. Sort of like a reverse sleeving construction?

Some models, like the AerO USB have signal wire has it woven around while some models are sheathing.

EX: Our Aero USB has wire around it that is actually part of how it functions. Signal is divided into different paths, intentionally.

1633908827542.png

As for the Dreddz, let me confirm with Jason.

1633908908295.png

No one would mistake these cables for anything else on the market. Truly unique. The designs are quite sick AF.

Thanks so much, we are super glad you guys are loving them.

Last edited:
Oct 10, 2021 at 7:39 PM Post #30 of 60
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back