HELLO? ANY TEENAGE HEAD-FI'ERS OUT THERE???
Feb 26, 2013 at 10:54 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 40

TOOMUCHMONEY

New Head-Fier
Ok look, I'm 15 and I'm in 10th grade. It might just be me but I honestly think I'm the only teen on here! (prove me wrong
wink_face.gif
)  Am I the only friggin teenager that cares about sound???? PLEASE!! A loooong time ago (when I was around 11 or 12) I saved up some money and bought myself a pair of Sennheiser HD448s. I was so happy that I showed all my family and friends. They were all like, "why did you spend 60 bucks on ugly headphones?" I sighed with greif and just went on with my life. Soon I realised that none of my friends or family cared at all about sound. All they care about is the bass BASS BASS!!! If there is no bass in the phones then they are apparently bad! I then upgraded to the M50's when I was 13 and they didnt impress anybody (except for me)  My dads like, "oh yeah, I like the company Bose I heard they are the best so thats all im going to listen to'. My dream is just to own a pair of Sennheiser Hd800's!!!! I havent even listened to them yet. All of my headphones came from Ebay. Because there is literally NO store that sells cans. I can't even try out common headphones! The only *******ed ones I can test out is the ******** beats by dr. Dre piece of crap line and the overpriced Bose quiteconfort line.

I dont even want to get started on my highschool. Oh man! What a sight! ibuds EVeRYWHere and beats by dre EveRyWherE. I once saw one guy actually wearing a pair of Sennheisers though. I wasn't close enough to get a good look at them. I also know a guy that owns a pair of cans! (can you believe that?) Its only the sony Xb500's though. You know why? BASS BASS BASS
 Well, thats all i have to say for now. Hehe Please Share,

TEENS UNITE!

Feb 26, 2013 at 11:04 PM Post #2 of 40
First time post- just wanted to let you know you're not alone. :p It can be a big world full of big people here in Head-Fi Land.

I do have to say though, I'm nineteen and fresh out of high school. My first endeavour into decent IEM's was the V-MODA vibrato, and it changed my life. I've let my friends AB with the Dr. Dre or Bose IEM's and even had a few admit mine are superior, although I've yet to create any converts. Just preach on.

Feb 26, 2013 at 11:19 PM Post #5 of 40
Well Im 20 but I still consider myself a teen. But even though I'm a brand new "Head-fier" I started to be interested in headphones a couple years ago even though I didn't really realize it until recently.

Feb 26, 2013 at 11:42 PM Post #7 of 40
19 and crazy. I bought myself a sennheiser HD 518 and play it through a budget phone.
I have a always wondered if source could make a noticeable difference.
could anybody confirm to this.

Feb 26, 2013 at 11:54 PM Post #9 of 40
Quote:
19 and crazy. I bought myself a sennheiser HD 518 and play it through a budget phone.
I have a always wondered if source could make a noticeable difference.
could anybody confirm to this.

Well the source is a big part of SQ. For instance thats the sole reason for DAC's  and sound cards in computers. So my guess is yes it would make a difference. But that is just me throwing it out I really have no idea. But I have always had an iPod/iPhone of some sort so I could not really compare.

Feb 27, 2013 at 1:07 AM Post #10 of 40
Welcome and the link was already provided so the only thing I will add is that I think the Bose QC line is not that overpriced. They are aimed at have amazing Active Sound Isolation and they do that very well. Many say they have the best active isolation. Sure there sound is just ok, but you are paying for the isolation technology. 

Good luck getting those hd800s. 

Feb 27, 2013 at 1:19 AM Post #11 of 40
College student here, but I started here on Head-Fi when I was 16 (didn't make an account until a little later though). So I would say you aren't alone. I kind of think it's somewhat cool to have better audio equipment than everyone else, especially when they're caught up in the marketing lies. It makes it all the better when I let them demo my gear.

Feb 27, 2013 at 1:39 AM Post #12 of 40
Quote:
Welcome and the link was already provided so the only thing I will add is that I think the Bose QC line is not that overpriced. They are aimed at have amazing Active Sound Isolation and they do that very well. Many say they have the best active isolation. Sure there sound is just ok, but you are paying for the isolation technology. 

Good luck getting those hd800s. 

I would totally agree I had my dad's old QC2 (I think) back in the the day because he would did not use them. However, the noise cancelling was crazy good. My mom always yelled at me because I wouldn't hear her.

Feb 27, 2013 at 1:45 AM Post #13 of 40
When I joined head-fi I was 12. My advice to you: run. If I'd known back then I'd have to be spending $105 a week on rent in the future I would have saved all that headphone money.

Also when you look back in four years time at the posts you made when you were 15 you'll cringe.

Feb 27, 2013 at 2:10 AM Post #14 of 40
Quote:
When I joined head-fi I was 12. My advice to you: run. If I'd known back then I'd have to be spending $105 a week on rent in the future I would have saved all that headphone money.

Also when you look back in four years time at the posts you made when you were 15 you'll cringe.

Hey Frazey... I remember when you first joined.  I've been away from HF since ~late 2007.  Nice to know you're still around.

Feb 27, 2013 at 2:24 AM Post #15 of 40
Quote:
Hey Frazey... I remember when you first joined.  I've been away from HF since ~late 2007.  Nice to know you're still around.

I remember you too, and your KSC-75 mod which I never had the guts to do. I only just started posting again recently from a year or two break after I found my perfect headphones (HF2.) Only back again because I needed to find a cheaper replacement for them :/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back