Heed CanAmp
Dec 22, 2009 at 5:12 PM Post #2,597 of 2,784
Quote:

Originally Posted by Necrolic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ulyses, have a friend help you do a DBT and report back with the results!
smily_headphones1.gif

There has not been one incident EVER where somebody can succesfully identify power cords in a DBT, so chances are what you're hearing is just placebo.

Placebo with a 3usd cord? I thought it is totally crap. I have my canamp right now next to me and both power cord plugged fuse. When I change them, sound changing immediately. Believing something is great from posts and love it when have one with huge cost, that is placebo. But this is totally different situation.

Dec 22, 2009 at 9:16 PM Post #2,599 of 2,784
Probably electrical system in my house is crap, not power cord. I read somewhere; power cords make more difference, if there is a bad grounding and unbalanced voltage.

Dec 23, 2009 at 8:48 AM Post #2,602 of 2,784
Quote:

Originally Posted by MomijiTMO /img/forum/go_quote.gif
True true. So do you like the amp now?

I am ok with it right now. But not totaly satisfied. I have to check everything before absolute decide. This is an equal with many parameters. Source, power source, interconnects, opamps etc. And offcourse, burn in process not finished yet with my can.

Btw my amp has an opamp socket for easy rolling. But it's too close to front pannel and very hard to pull out it from there. How can I disamble front panel? Is there any guide with pictures?

Dec 23, 2009 at 7:34 PM Post #2,604 of 2,784
What are opamps, opamp sockets, and easy rolling?

Dec 23, 2009 at 9:11 PM Post #2,605 of 2,784
opamp

In the Canamp, it is responsible for the voltage gain. Opamps can be soldered onto the pcb making it very tricky to desolder - impossible for normal people to change it. A dip8 socket enables a much easier changing of opamps [called rolling].

Dec 23, 2009 at 9:19 PM Post #2,606 of 2,784
Quote:

Originally Posted by Skye /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What are opamps, opamp sockets, and easy rolling?

Opamps are last amp unit on solid state amps. It looks like a chip with several pins. It's turns current to voltage for gain (At least for my limited electronic knowledge). Opamp socket is a little platform which opamp pins can fit. It provides opamp changing for different sound experiences without soldering, so it provides easy rolling.

By the way I recognized today, I was listening so loud with canamp before and sound get too harsh to my ears. I rolled volume nob to lower levels (about 9-10 clock) and everything fine now. My ears relaxed and I finally had good musical listening.
k701smile.gif

Edit:Momijitmo faster than me
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 23, 2009 at 9:48 PM Post #2,609 of 2,784
Now my ears adopt this levels and it's too loud for me too. I was using my former ld mk2 with 250 ohm Beyers at 11-12 clock, so my hand gone this levels with canamp too. Fortunately I recognize it before I become complete deaf. Quality phones and amps could be dangerous. Their sounds never get bad even at insane levels.

@MomijiTMO How about synergy between v-dac and canamp? My further upgrade will be probably a dac and I am coming and going between v-dac and Dac Magic. Their costs almost same at my country.

Dec 23, 2009 at 9:58 PM Post #2,610 of 2,784
If they cost the same, why not get the Dacmagic? I went with the v-dac because it's almost half the price.

The v-dac sounds good BUT it's budget [the v stands for value series]. An on/off switch would have been nice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back