Heed CanAmp
Oct 20, 2006 at 2:48 AM Post #212 of 2,784
Perhaps an Eddie Current EC/SS for $350 hopefully available in mid November?

Just a thought, but I look forward to hearing a Canamp soon.

From the importer:
Quote:

When their usual source for American-voltage transformers for the canamp suddenly came up dry, they responded quickly and re-sourced them from England, with the help of their British distributor, Robert Hay. The transformers arrived early last week, which would have had them shipping by the end of last week, except that the pinouts on the transformers were different than those of the Hungarian-sourced units, which required some changes in traces on the circuit boards--in other words, they had to have a new run of pc boards made, then assembled (as opposed to being able to simply drop in the transformers into the otherwise completed units that had been awaiting their arrival...

Anyway, they did all this in the space of a week and hope to be shipping by the end of this week.

Wow! All that in one week???

Yes, Dan is a great guy and has been good about keeping those of us who have ordered one informed.

Oct 20, 2006 at 1:02 PM Post #213 of 2,784
Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnH
...Yes, Dan is a great guy and has been good about keeping those of us who have ordered one informed.

This often overlooked detail of keeping the customer informed is what separates good customer service from poor customer service. Another supplier from whom many of us have purchased products from failed to do this and he lost a lot of business as a result.

A short note on a periodic basis goes a long way in letting your customer's know you have not forgotten about them. I realize I am not inventing the wheel with this post but the fact is others do not do as such and it is refreshing when it is done. Thanks Dan.

Oct 24, 2006 at 2:11 PM Post #214 of 2,784
I'm a happy man this morning
eggosmile.gif

Just got my order in for the Heed and I have to say I am real exicited. Thanks to Dan for such a pleasant ordering experience.

I hope this thing sounds as good as I think it will....

Oct 24, 2006 at 2:22 PM Post #215 of 2,784
Hey, does anyone use DT880 with CanAmp here? Im most likely ordering one this christmas, and consider ordering DT880 later, so how is the synergy between them? DT880 is already one helluva analytical and dry can, so does CanAmp make that feature worse? Or, as would be ideal, does it make it worse?

So in other words, what kind of soundsignature CanAmp has? Does it make headphones warmer or colder? Or neither?

Oct 24, 2006 at 7:15 PM Post #217 of 2,784
fORTUNE, please post your early impressions for those who are waiting.

Sorry guys, just ordered it, didn't get it.

I'll let you all know when it gets here, it'll probably be after the rest of you because I'm living in the Caribbean

Oct 29, 2006 at 8:44 PM Post #221 of 2,784
Quote:

Originally Posted by dw6928
no, in fact I exchanged several emails with Dan late this week.

hmmm...i can't get it to load on any web browser...

Oct 29, 2006 at 9:47 PM Post #223 of 2,784
kugino,

Your Blackbird Audio "hot link" loads no prob. for me also.....

Good luck-

Oct 29, 2006 at 9:58 PM Post #224 of 2,784
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hi-Finthen
kugino,

Your Blackbird Audio "hot link" loads no prob. for me also.....

Good luck-

thanks. i still can't get it to load...i get a "network timeout" to p7.hostingprod.com. must be something on my end...weird. every other site i go to loads fine...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back