Heed CanAmp
Feb 9, 2007 at 1:59 AM Post #902 of 2,784
Quote:

Originally Posted by dw6928 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Dex, as you cross the finish line, I take it the journey was
as expected, the ends justifying the means and a fabulous
new amp has hit its stride?

No question, Wayne, and I am indebted to you and all the other CanAmp pioneers here on Head-Fi for inspiring me to finally take the trip!
cool.gif

With two small children running around, quality loudspeaker time was becoming increasingly difficult to come by. But thanks to this Heed and the PROlines, I'm able to listen to more music than I have in quite some time and with as much enjoyment as ever.
smily_headphones1.gif

At 204 hours now (can I stop counting, Wayne?
tongue.gif
), I'm listening to Bob Marley & The Wailers' Burnin' and the three-dimensional textures are simply remarkable; Marley and Bunny Livingston's soaring harmonies underpinned by Peter Tosh's grumbly bass vocals, everything entirely distinct, yet still functioning as a musical whole, and never stepping over that insistently tight rhythm section.

Just fantastic. Does it get any better than this?
icon10.gif

Feb 9, 2007 at 2:21 AM Post #903 of 2,784
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dexdexter /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No question, Wayne, and I am indebted to you and all the other CanAmp pioneers here on Head-Fi for inspiring me to finally take the trip!
cool.gif

With two small children running around, quality loudspeaker time was becoming increasingly difficult to come by. But thanks to this Heed and the PROlines, I'm able to listen to more music than I have in quite some time and with as much enjoyment as ever.
smily_headphones1.gif

At 204 hours now (can I stop counting, Wayne?
tongue.gif
), I'm listening to Bob Marley & The Wailers' Burnin' and the three-dimensional textures are simply remarkable; Marley and Bunny Livingston's soaring harmonies underpinned by Peter Tosh's grumbly bass vocals, everything entirely distinct, yet still functioning as a musical whole, and never stepping over that insistently tight rhythm section.

Just fantastic. Does it get any better than this?
icon10.gif

I am glad you are enjoying it. IMO the Heed is such a nice sounding amp with a great depth and soundstage. Very few amps can do it specially at $400 MSRP.

Feb 9, 2007 at 2:00 PM Post #905 of 2,784
Quote:

Originally Posted by Supersonic99 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I wrote an e-mail to the german bt-vertrieb.de
and to needles and spins and asked if there a new CanAmp 2
or a new version.

Will see...

We seem to have caused some confusion here for which I apologise. I got your email supersonic and responded but must admit was a little confused by it. The answer to the mysterious CanAmp 2 question is a little more prosaic I'm afraid ... it was a mistake on our website, probably caused by using the template for the Orbit 2 to create the CanAmp web page. Now corrected .... Oops

Feb 9, 2007 at 3:40 PM Post #906 of 2,784
All Heed owners have a enormous debt to Miguel (Mrarroyo)for having turned us on to this wonderful amp. In all honesty, without his early posts I would have never even heard of a Heed Canamp. Thanks again Miguel, the Heed is
a centerpiece of my audio stable.

Feb 10, 2007 at 1:51 AM Post #909 of 2,784
I am sure they are. If you really go back to the beginning, there were really very few who had the Heed. I think the original order with Dan was 8 amps! Miguel and I are still here; the others may be discovering new headphones to go with their Heeds like the Ultrasones!

Feb 10, 2007 at 1:52 AM Post #910 of 2,784
Quote:

Originally Posted by dw6928 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am sure they are. If you really go back to the beginning,
there were really very few who had the Heed. I think the
original order with Dan was 8 amps! Miguel and I are still here, the others perhaps discovering new headphones to go
with their Heeds like the Ultrasones!

Boomana still has hers and she enjoys it.

Feb 10, 2007 at 1:53 AM Post #911 of 2,784
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrarroyo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I miss that pinkfloyd fellow, too bad he is no longer here.

I do too! What a great guy...generous with his time and experience!

Feb 10, 2007 at 1:58 AM Post #913 of 2,784
my heed has only been in my hands for about 2 months now i guess, but i can say enthusiastically that i am impressed. i love my supermicro, but when i take my head headphones out with the heed, it is like the older sister. it is also long, black and a rectangular block, yet as it is older sister, it is prettier, with shinier hair that has been taken care of, not just carelessly whipped in a trailer. its eyes like the older sister too are deeper, full of concern for the world, evident in deeeep bass. finally, as the older sister has also begun her phd in internationisation, there is a concern for more than just the poor road in front of her. thus, as for 3d, this amp delivers. i am much impressed by the sound coming from all over, even up and down behind my ears with certain phones.

i'm no original, but i am very happy with my purchase as well as thankful to all the m's for their help and the floyd for the endless modness... cheers

Feb 10, 2007 at 11:26 AM Post #914 of 2,784
Quote:

Originally Posted by shigzeo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
...it is also long, black and a rectangular block, yet as it is older sister, it is prettier, with shinier hair that has been taken care of, not just carelessly whipped in a trailer...

My, but you do know how to turn a phrase, shigzeo!
tongue.gif

Welcome back to the thread. I've been enjoying your lurid tales of furtive 'phonophilia over in the other section with no small amount of delight!
eggosmile.gif

Feb 10, 2007 at 1:31 PM Post #915 of 2,784
Quote:

Originally Posted by shigzeo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
with the heed, it is like the older sister. it is also long, black and a rectangular block, yet as it is older sister, it is prettier, with shinier hair that has been taken care of, not just carelessly whipped in a trailer. its eyes like the older sister too are deeper, full of concern for the world, evident in deeeep bass. finally, as the older sister has also begun her phd in internationisation, there is a concern for more than just the poor road in front of her.

Yes, poetic prose indeed!
icon10.gif

Reminds me of an old clipping a liquor store had for a review of a hihglighted wine. It went something like, "....demure on the lips and tongue, but settles comfortably.....a timid little peasant girl."
blink.gif

Anyway, the Heed is just a quietly strong performer: plain looking, great sounding.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back