Heed CanAmp
Dec 9, 2006 at 1:00 PM Post #616 of 2,784
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cuppa /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Aaarrrrghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Just hooked her all up and switched on. Nothing, nada, no light - changed fuse in plug, tried different sockets - still nothing.

Must be jinxed or going nuts. Had an RA-1 show up DOA and now this three days later!

Oh no! You're not having a lot of luck Cuppa
frown.gif
Probably the worst time of the year for equipment travelling through the postal system too.... pandemonium in some of the sorting offices.

Totally dead? Have you switched her on at the back of the amp? (there's a little switch)

Dec 9, 2006 at 1:03 PM Post #617 of 2,784
Quote:

Originally Posted by PinkFloyd /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Have you switched her on at the back of the amp? (there's a little switch)

Mike, I know I'm a newb, but ...
tongue.gif

Sorted it out - working now. It comes with a funny US/UK adaptor thing and as a last resort I pulled that apart and swapped it with a standard shaver adaptor and hey presto - fired up 1st time.

Now to let it burn in a while...

Dec 9, 2006 at 1:45 PM Post #618 of 2,784
Straight out of the box I have a sense of what she will be once burned in. For my tastes it needs to 'tighten' up a little in the bass, but the detail and 'presence' is wonderful. Particularly strings and acoustic seems very lifelike. I'll going to leave it on repeat for a few days and come back to it.

Mike, how long do you reckon to burn in?

Dec 9, 2006 at 1:45 PM Post #619 of 2,784
Quote:

Mike, I know I'm a newb, but ...
tongue.gif

Sorted it out - working now. It comes with a funny US/UK adaptor thing and as a last resort I pulled that apart and swapped it with a standard shaver adaptor and hey presto - fired up 1st time.

Aha! Dump that euro to 3 pin convertor Cuppa. Cut it off and fit a good old 3 pin mains plug. Obviously blue = Neutral / Brown = Live. Glad you found the problem :)

Dec 9, 2006 at 10:51 PM Post #620 of 2,784
Quote:

Must be quite a relief to have it up and running!

Looking forward to your impressions...now how 'bout those piccies while she's running-in?
cool.gif

Dec 9, 2006 at 11:36 PM Post #621 of 2,784
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dexdexter /img/forum/go_quote.gif
now how 'bout those piccies while she's running-in?
cool.gif

Of what? him moonwalking across the living room in the nude apart from a pair of Grado RS1 on his head or the amp?

be more specific when requesting piccies
wink.gif

Dec 9, 2006 at 11:42 PM Post #622 of 2,784
Quote:

be more specific when requesting piccies

Quite right. He needed to be put in his place.
mad.gif

Dec 9, 2006 at 11:55 PM Post #623 of 2,784
Please! No more images of guys doing the moonwalk nude with headphones. I have seen enough of these and . . . . .nevermind.

What is a piccies?

Dec 10, 2006 at 12:09 AM Post #624 of 2,784
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dexdexter /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Must be quite a relief to have it up and running!

Looking forward to your impressions...now how 'bout those piccies while she's running-in?
cool.gif

Indeed, the image in my mind of Carolle Merille struttin' with the Woodied Grados Rs-1 or Rs-2 gettin that Heed burned-in just leaves to much to the imagination...We Demand Piccies gosh dang it ;-}

*Goes off to contemplate that Rs-2 purchace more seriously*

Dec 10, 2006 at 1:38 AM Post #627 of 2,784
I have enjoyed reading this thread about the synergy of the Heed CanAMP with the 701's, and finally broke down and bought the amp to see what all the fuss was about... Well, right out of the box, the amp brought the 701 out in ways that have to be heard to be believed. After a few days of burning in, they are getting warmer and more tube sounding (in a good way) and settling down to a very very musical sound. I am not a technical listener, rather a fan of great music, and am actually a portrait painter by trade. The only real problem with this amp with the 701's is that I cannot listen and paint at the same time, as the music is just too engaging to concentrate on painting. So, that's the best recommendation I could give. I have the Headfive as well, but the Heed is in a whole other category with the 701's. Maybe I'll use the H5 when I paint, so I can pay attention to the painting I am doing, and save the Heed for strictly listening... Thanks to all the folks who turned me on to this amazing amp. I bought it for $400 including tax and shipping from Kurt at Blue Moon Audio, in Oakland, CA.

http://www.bluemoonaudio.com/products_heed1.php

I couldn't find the heed anywhere else in stock, so do yourself a big favor and give Kurt a call and buy one of these amazing amps. HO HO HO

orphsmile.gif

Dec 10, 2006 at 8:16 AM Post #628 of 2,784
Here's first picture whilst I was setting them up - I'll take some more later of her in situ (no moonwalk ones though)!

heedwx2.jpg

Even after close to 20 hours burn in, to sum up in just one word so far - natural

Dec 10, 2006 at 11:29 AM Post #629 of 2,784
Quote:

Here's first picture whilst I was setting them up - I'll take some more later of her in situ (no moonwalk ones though)!

heedwx2.jpg

Even after close to 20 hours burn in, to sum up in just one word so far - natural

Now that's what is known as "The Moneyshot"!
5.gif

But just what are those "fabulous footers"
costumed-smiley-088.gif
you've got there, Cuppa?

Dec 10, 2006 at 11:42 AM Post #630 of 2,784
Is that a diy dac? cool.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back