Heed CanAmp
Apr 17, 2009 at 1:36 AM Post #2,416 of 2,784
Quote:

Originally Posted by lgn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My k702 arrived in the mail this morning, all this CanAmp talk wants me to get one too..

Waiting for the anti-K701/702 crowd to turn up....
popcorn.gif

Apr 17, 2009 at 2:27 AM Post #2,417 of 2,784
Hi guys!

I've posted this in the Can Jam section but thought I'd post here too, since I'm taking CanAmps with me to the show.

This will be our first show ever and the first time showing at Can Jam.

The Heed importer, Profundo and Blackbird Audio have partnered up and will have an active display at next month's Can Jam at the Hilton at LAX.
I'm really looking forward to meeting any of you that can stop by to say hello. I'll be demoing several CanAmps with Ultrasone headphones and will have several sources from which to listen to. Of course, you're welcome to use your own headphones and mini-to-RCA cables will be available for connecting your own MP3 players too.

So, if you can make it out, please stop by and say hello!

Dan

Apr 18, 2009 at 7:12 PM Post #2,419 of 2,784
Hi Miguel!

Thanks for the kind wishes.

I kind of hoped you'd have other reasons to come out to California so you could bundle the trip into something more efficient and worthwhile.

Maybe another time. You know we don't have to wait for a meet to have you over to Blackbird Audio in the first place. You're always welcome and that goes for any Head-Fi-er.

Take care!

Dan

Apr 30, 2009 at 2:44 AM Post #2,420 of 2,784
Hey guys, sorry i have tried skimming this , but at 162 pages its a little crazy to do. What is the price of this amp right now? i saw 400-450 in previous posts, but they were not current postings. I am in canada, tried to find a place that sells it near me but the "canadian supplier" wont sell to individuals and there is no store that they sell to in over 100km from my house. Anyone know where a poor ol canadian can get one of these?

May 10, 2009 at 10:06 PM Post #2,422 of 2,784
Hey everybody,

I just bought a CanAmp from another member here. I'm a bit a noob, but my initial impressions are very good.

I was wondering about some things though...

Is it okay to leave the amp right next to my computer monitor? I have an LCD monitor and I was wondering if having the amp in close proximity was going to cause any problems, either to the amp or the monitor itself.

Also, my CanAmp's volume knob becomes hard to turn when I near the minimum volume setting. Is this normal operation?

Thanks all!

May 10, 2009 at 10:11 PM Post #2,423 of 2,784
I have it next to my computer, consoles, 32" LCD TV I haven´t noticed any interference. If you can´t see any artifacts or hear any extra noise you are fine I would say.

My volume knob is smooth all the way so maybe not 100 % normal

May 11, 2009 at 12:46 AM Post #2,424 of 2,784
So the knob is supposed to be completely smooth, all the way from 0% - 100% volume? Can anyone else confirm this?

On the amp I got it is hard to turn when the knob is in the 0% - 20% volume range, then after I pass the ~20% volume mark its smooth all the way to max volume. Do you guys think there is something wrong with the unit I received?

May 11, 2009 at 2:01 AM Post #2,426 of 2,784
Okay, I figured it out. Either the rod protruding from the volume pot is slightly crooked, or the knob itself was machined poorly.

I fixed it by loosening the hex screw in the knob with a small allen wrench, inserting an envelope between the knob and faceplate before tightening, and then removing it after I tightened the knob in place. Now the gap between the knob and faceplate is big enough that they don't touch in the crooked area when I spin the knob. All good now.

May 13, 2009 at 8:39 PM Post #2,429 of 2,784
Mingo, I'm not sure too many people have heard both. Why not post in the Compass thread. You'll probably get a better response there.

The Heed Canamp was one of my first amps, and I still recommend it for some headphones. Great size too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back