Heed canamp died
Aug 4, 2007 at 5:36 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

rumatt

100+ Head-Fier
I bought a used Heed canamp. It worked fine for 3 days, then died. It won't power on. When I move the switch, the light flickers but goes off again. I checked the fuse and it's fine.

I'm the second owner, and the amp was purchased from Profundo about 5 months ago. Does anyone know:

1) Whether the warranty is transferrable or for the first owner only? I'm obviously hoping it is transferable.

2) Whether I am supposed to work through Heed, or Profundo?

I mailed Heed on Thursday night (Friday morning for them) and I'm waiting to hear back.

Thanks

Aug 4, 2007 at 6:29 PM Post #2 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by rumatt /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I bought a used Heed canamp. It worked fine for 3 days, then died. It won't power on. When I move the switch, the light flickers but goes off again. I checked the fuse and it's fine.

I'm the second owner, and the amp was purchased from Profundo about 5 months ago. Does anyone know:

1) Whether the warranty is transferrable or for the first owner only? I'm obviously hoping it is transferable.

2) Whether I am supposed to work through Heed, or Profundo?

I mailed Heed on Thursday night (Friday morning for them) and I'm waiting to hear back.

Thanks

Same symptom happened to me with my first Heed CanAmp. I concluded it was the rocker power switch failing. I bet if you rocked the switch back and forth it would make intermittant contact, and if pressure is held on the switch in the on position, it will remain powered up! Conclusion, the power switch needs to be replaced. IMO

I contacted Blackbird Audio, where i bought it and because mine failed within a day out of the box, and due to the backlog at the time, it only took 3 months to get a replacement.

Good luck~

P.S. The Warranty in the U.S. IS through Profundo, the mans name is Bob the U.S. distributor for Heed ... You might contact DAN @ Blackbird Audio for his understanding of the warranty and if it is transferable.

But rest assured I can almost say with certainty your problem is with the on/off switch. After finding out if it is still under warranty or not, it may cost less to simply have someone replace the switch anyway than the cost of mailing and wait times... hope this helps...

Keep us informed of your progress on the matter!

Again, good luck~

Aug 4, 2007 at 6:34 PM Post #3 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hi-Finthen /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Same symptom happened to me with my first Heed CanAmp. I concluded it was the rocker power switch failing. I bet if you rocked the switch back and forth it would make intermittant contact, and if pressure is hel on the switch in the on position it will remain powered up! Conclusion, the power switch needs to be replaced.

Interesting. Thanks.

Quote:

it only took 3 months to get a replacement.

Doh
eek.gif

Aug 4, 2007 at 6:42 PM Post #4 of 10
Quote:

it only took 3 months to get a replacement.

Interesting for sure. This is the torment of buying esoteric headphone products without a large US distributor.

Aug 6, 2007 at 12:04 PM Post #7 of 10
Agreed, Dan M. is a good and fair businessman!

Let us know what you find out, rumatt!

Aug 6, 2007 at 8:02 PM Post #10 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by dw6928 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Dan is the "man" at blackbirdaudio.com where many of us
Heed owners purchased their amps.

Oh I see. But the original owner of mine bought from Profundo, so I guess going there makes more sense than asking Dan the man to help.
cool.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back