HEDDphone - Now Available for Pre-Order
Feb 17, 2020 at 10:44 AM Post #93 of 114
Thanks.
That is around 1 - 2 hat size bigger than usual? Got that information from a hat size table^^
Would you say it is the head size/form (longish head form) or the position of the ears (ears might be positioned lower than usual), which makes the headband too short?
For comparison: I'm ~ 180 cm (5,9 or 5,10 feet?) and head circumference is ~ 60 cm (7 1/2 size, that is 2 numbers smaller). Kinda "normal" sized head proportion to shoulder/body and others.

Last edited:
Feb 17, 2020 at 10:58 AM Post #94 of 114
Thanks.
That is around 1 - 2 hat size bigger than usual? Got that information from a hat size table^^
Would you say it is the head size/form (longish head form) or the position of the ears (ears might be positioned lower than usual), which makes the headband too short?
For comparison: I'm ~ 180 cm (5,9 or 5,10 feet?) and head circumference is ~ 60 cm (7 1/2 size, that is 2 numbers smaller). Kinda "normal" sized head proportion to shoulder/body and others.
I have no idea. Try to find a place to listen to them and see if they fit with the current headband. Hedd audio told me around April is when they should release the bigger headband. They are still testing stuff.

Feb 17, 2020 at 1:00 PM Post #95 of 114
I have no idea. Try to find a place to listen to them and see if they fit with the current headband. Hedd audio told me around April is when they should release the bigger headband. They are still testing stuff.
If they do that then weight or pressure shouldn't be any problem for those who've been or use the Audeze weight or more.

Feb 17, 2020 at 5:43 PM Post #96 of 114
Might be even earlier; mid-march I got told.
I trying to figure out if the issue is really occurring that often, or if it is only a few for who the headphone don't fit that well and, well, the information about it just spreads the "usual" "internet-forum"-style way (too exaggerated). I got told it was tested extensively and there were only a few very big humans for who it don't sit that well.
For example their founder and ceo is a big guy (looks like > 1,90 and it does not look like he got an issue with the fit.

Feb 19, 2020 at 8:29 PM Post #97 of 114
I heard the Heddphone at Canjam today. And yes, it doesn’t fit with the current headband extension. But, boy was it awesome sounding. The weight was a non/issue.

Are you saying it wouldn't fit on your head or it wasn't ideal?

Feb 20, 2020 at 12:07 AM Post #98 of 114
Are you saying it wouldn't fit on your head or it wasn't ideal?
It wouldn’t fit over my ears completely. The bottom of my ears were sticking out.

Feb 20, 2020 at 1:52 AM Post #99 of 114
But, boy was it awesome sounding. The weight was a non/issue.
I also listened to the Heddphones at CanJam... It was very good. Considering the price of other flagships .. $1900 for the Heddphones was very reasonable.

I did not care for the form factor.. and I own the Abyss 1266 TCs. Lol! The Heddphones seem to stick out way past my ears and were not parallel to my head. Also, the ear cup was making a lot of crunchy squeaky sounds when I was adjusting the fit... Non of these things affected the sound quality... which as I said.. is quite good. So much so, I told the guys from Abyss to have a listen... As I think, in a few generations... there will soon be some direct competition. But for now, IMO, the 1266TC is the headphone to beat

Feb 21, 2020 at 12:37 PM Post #100 of 114
It wouldn’t fit over my ears completely. The bottom of my ears were sticking out.
So is this poor fit a deal breaker for you? If indeed it was, what options does it leave you with? The Abyss 1266 TC, or the even more expensive Susvara?
I can see HEDD ironing out the issues with their Heddphones within a 2 year period, but where does it leave us in the meantime? (I am at a loss here also, as I just don't see myself spending $5k or more for a pair of headphones).

Feb 21, 2020 at 1:03 PM Post #101 of 114
So is this poor fit a deal breaker for you? If indeed it was, what options does it leave you with? The Abyss 1266 TC, or the even more expensive Susvara?
I can see HEDD ironing out the issues with their Heddphones within a 2 year period, but where does it leave us in the meantime? (I am at a loss here also, as I just don't see myself spending $5k or more for a pair of headphones).
They are working on the bigger headband and one of the Hedd guys told me at Canjam that they are shooting for an April release. If that gets fixed I might buy them. I really don’t want to spend the extra on the TC or Susvara. But, the TC is a better sounding headphone. It’s a toss up really. I think that someone will be satisfied with any of those headphones. None of them are perfect. But they get close enough.

Feb 22, 2020 at 2:13 PM Post #103 of 114
Thanks for that. Could you get a good seal and sound though?
No, because the bottom part of my ear didn’t fit into the cup. And even without the cup enveloping my whole ear I loved the sound.

Feb 23, 2020 at 2:01 PM Post #105 of 114
Not only 1) lengthen the the yoke by 1 cm (which should be in production by no) but also 2) a bigger headband in April?
I think it’s just the yoke. That’s what I meant to say.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back